Acoustica - Software should be easy to use

Search found 1326 matches

Go to advanced search

by aj113
Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:57 am
Forum: Mixcraft
Topic: Why no 88.2kHz and 176.4kHz Sample Rates available for Mix Down
Replies: 141
Views: 7301

Re: Why no 88.2kHz and 176.4kHz Sample Rates available for Mix Down

...For what it's worth and if you asked me to define a "theory" right "off the bat" i.e. without going to actually look up the meaning of the word I'd say like this: A theory is a theory until it's been proven at which time it would then become fact. You'd be wrong. In science, ...
by aj113
Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:24 am
Forum: Mixcraft
Topic: Why no 88.2kHz and 176.4kHz Sample Rates available for Mix Down
Replies: 141
Views: 7301

Re: Why no 88.2kHz and 176.4kHz Sample Rates available for Mix Down

But being NEAR to a fact does not = fact. And being commonly accepted as fact (even if rightfully so) still doesn't equal fact. A technicality at times, maybe, but holds all the same. That's all I'm saying. Doesn't really pan out in the real world though does it? If you're not going to accept scien...
by aj113
Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:09 am
Forum: Mixcraft
Topic: Question about volumes of tracks in sub mix tracks
Replies: 10
Views: 693

Re: Question about volumes of tracks in sub mix tracks

Ian Craig wrote:
aj113 wrote:Yes, I'm just trying to think of a situation where I want that...


Well you might want to control the volumes of a track in a submix track in tandem with the volumes of a send track (which can't be put in a submix track)
OK. I don't use send tracks so I guess that is why this one has passed me by.
by aj113
Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:08 am
Forum: Mixcraft
Topic: 32bit vs 64bit VST/VSTi - Reorganization
Replies: 37
Views: 2339

Re: 32bit vs 64bit VST/VSTi - Reorganization

mixyguy2 wrote:...unless you're using both a 32 and 64 bit version of MC.
Correct. Some plugins only come in 32 bit flavour, so it's case of having to use 32-bit MC, since the internal 32-bit wrapper in 64-bit MC makes it grind to halt eventually.

I use 64 bit for video.
by aj113
Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:59 am
Forum: Mixcraft
Topic: volume problems in the mix of Mixcraft 7
Replies: 4
Views: 314

Re: volume problems in the mix of Mixcraft 7

Play the mp3 in a new Mixcraft project. What does it sound like? (Should sound correct).

Did you export the mix to the correct sample rate? (The same one you used to record).
by aj113
Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:56 am
Forum: Mixcraft
Topic: Question about volumes of tracks in sub mix tracks
Replies: 10
Views: 693

Re: Question about volumes of tracks in sub mix tracks

Ian Craig wrote:
aj113 wrote:...
It's an alternative (i.e. Extra) level of control, so you can use both together. For example tracks that are in different submix groups could be linked without affecting the tracks that are in the same submix group :D


Yes, I'm just trying to think of a situation where I want that...
by aj113
Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:00 pm
Forum: Mixcraft
Topic: Why no 88.2kHz and 176.4kHz Sample Rates available for Mix Down
Replies: 141
Views: 7301

Re: Why no 88.2kHz and 176.4kHz Sample Rates available for Mix Down

mixyguy2 wrote:...It MIGHT be, it is not automatically so.
It's a proven hypothesis. It doesn't get to be called a theory unless it's proven. It's as near fact as you're going to get.
by aj113
Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:44 pm
Forum: Mixcraft
Topic: 32bit vs 64bit VST/VSTi - Reorganization
Replies: 37
Views: 2339

Re: 32bit vs 64bit VST/VSTi - Reorganization

I think you like to way over-complicate things. :) Just put all your freaking plugins in one place. What's the point of doing otherwise? Two places for me: 32 bit and 64 bit, otherwise I agree. I'm curious: why? Because many would overwrite themselves if I tried to put them in one folder since thye...
by aj113
Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:09 am
Forum: Mixcraft
Topic: 32bit vs 64bit VST/VSTi - Reorganization
Replies: 37
Views: 2339

Re: 32bit vs 64bit VST/VSTi - Reorganization

mixyguy2 wrote:I think you like to way over-complicate things. :) Just put all your freaking plugins in one place. What's the point of doing otherwise?
Two places for me: 32 bit and 64 bit, otherwise I agree.
by aj113
Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:06 am
Forum: Mixcraft
Topic: Question about volumes of tracks in sub mix tracks
Replies: 10
Views: 693

Re: Question about volumes of tracks in sub mix tracks

Well blow me - I never knew that!

What is the advantage over simply dropping them into a submix?
by aj113
Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:00 am
Forum: Mixcraft
Topic: Why no 88.2kHz and 176.4kHz Sample Rates available for Mix Down
Replies: 141
Views: 7301

Re: Why no 88.2kHz and 176.4kHz Sample Rates available for Mix Down

A theory is essentially the current accepted interpretation of the facts. It's all we've got until a better system comes along. Not that it's too shabby - if we didn't have it, we would have virtually nothing of what we see around us; the existence and effectiveness of what we see, in turn, underlin...
by aj113
Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:13 am
Forum: Mixcraft
Topic: Why no 88.2kHz and 176.4kHz Sample Rates available for Mix Down
Replies: 141
Views: 7301

Re: Why no 88.2kHz and 176.4kHz Sample Rates available for Mix Down

...At the core here is the fact that I would probably, always, need the same audio at 48kHz and 44.1kHz i.e. two seperate audio tracks but one for video and one for audio. .. That makes sense. I think that when converting the sampling rate, a converter first reconstructs the original audio, then 'r...
by aj113
Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:54 am
Forum: Mixcraft
Topic: Why no 88.2kHz and 176.4kHz Sample Rates available for Mix Down
Replies: 141
Views: 7301

Re: Why no 88.2kHz and 176.4kHz Sample Rates available for Mix Down

And the misconception, I guess, comes from those little diagrams that everybody puts out on the Internet.... Exactly right. The math involved in the downsampling may cause that reverb to not decay as smoothly from point A to point B but maybe by re-recording the audio as suggested it would sort of ...
by aj113
Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:56 am
Forum: Mixcraft
Topic: Why no 88.2kHz and 176.4kHz Sample Rates available for Mix Down
Replies: 141
Views: 7301

Re: Why no 88.2kHz and 176.4kHz Sample Rates available for Mix Down

So from my tests: working at the same sample rate as your intended final product (in my case CD at the moment) is "as good as it gets". Please believe me that there are differences even between 48kHz and 44.1kHz and they become more pronounced the further apart your sample rates are... Co...
by aj113
Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:27 am
Forum: Mixcraft
Topic: Why no 88.2kHz and 176.4kHz Sample Rates available for Mix Down
Replies: 141
Views: 7301

Re: Why no 88.2kHz and 176.4kHz Sample Rates available for Mix Down

...Yet there are many cases where we are told about something as a fact when it is really a theory... You are aware that a theory is fact? Your point seems to be: it doesn't matter what anyone says, even if they are a world leader on the topic, and regardless of the fact that the evidence is peer-r...

Go to advanced search