Acoustica - Software should be easy to use

mp3 compilation

Discuss the easiest dj mixing software on the planet. :) Well, we think it is..so there. :)

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric

xunky

mp3 compilation

Postby xunky » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:53 am

I am doing CD compilation with the Heavy compression filter.
It works great !!!
But when I when stack these cd compils on a mp3 cd by the add buttons.

The first list brings correctly the filters but the following ones are added without the filters.
So is it possible to correct this default?
Or to make an option which permits to apply a filter to to set of selected songs.

Thanks
Yves

Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Postby Acoustica Eric » Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:26 pm

try adding all the mp3's to the song list window, right inside the window and choose "select all", then right click and choose effeects, then compressor. All songs will then have the compression effect applied.

xunky

Postby xunky » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:16 pm

Thanks for your quick and efficient answer

xunky

mp3 compilation (the return)

Postby xunky » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:44 am

thanks for the effects.

But

I have several lists mixed for CD (list1, list 2...)

I start a new MP3 CD

I add list1, then list2 and so on

List1 is well imported (effects & mix)

But the following lists are imported WITHOUT effects & mix.

You give me the solution for the effects.

But what to do to keep the mix info ?

Thanks

Acoustica Greg

Postby Acoustica Greg » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:50 pm

Hi,

How are you adding the subsequent song lists? Normally, when you open a second song list, the first one unloaded, and when I do this all the mixing settings are still there.

What version of DJ Twist and Burn do you have? If you don't have version 1.01 build 142, download it here.

Greg

xunky

Postby xunky » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:56 am

I first open my list1
Save it on the name biglist1 (mix1 is ok)
Then I add to list1 , list2 and so on. (add button)
But the folling lists loose their mix.

How can I glue several lists keeping their mix?

Another question:
I set a mixed list with audio cd button on (because i cannot mix on the mp3 list)
When i click on mp3CD button , the start and end of each song is kept but not the order.
How to keep the same order on the audio cd and mp3 cd ?
Last edited by xunky on Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Acoustica Greg

Postby Acoustica Greg » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:56 pm

Hi,

The order of a CD is automatically maintained with an audio CD, but with MP3 CDs, it depends on the MP3 CD Burning settings you select. Your MP3 CD player has an inclination to play the MP3 files in alphanumeric order. Click on the MP3 CD Wizard that appears to the right of the song list when you are in MP3 CD mode. If you choose Standard mode, the song order will be preserved. In Fast mode, the song order will not be preserved. Finally, you can Specify your settings and choose to preserve the song order.

In regard to the earlier problem, I'll file a problem report. I can't think of a workaround right now. How many song lists do you need to merge with special mixing settings?

Greg

xunky

Postby xunky » Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:05 am

I am not speaking of the playing order on cd player.

I speak about the order of a audio cd in Dj twist; when i click on mp3 cd switch the order od song is not the same as in the audio cd list.

I switch the order of a song in the audio cd panel, the change is not reflected in the mp3 panel whatever the size of the list.

But the main concern is the add of list with the add button, it don't keep any mix setting i have for this list (start, end, overlapping). Is there a way to merge audiocd list beetwen them, so i could keep the mixing information in one huge list (because i have several audio cd list i want to put on a mp3 cd).

On the average I put 6-7 audio lists on a mp3 cd. And I have 6 mp3cd to do. So I have about 50 list to be merged.
I think that the solution would a little program to merge list file (even a dos program) or if we could have the format of the dtb file...

Return to “DJ Twist & Burn”