Acoustica - Software should be easy to use

Pianissimo with Pro Tools via Fxpansion VST to RTAS adapter?

Support and feedback for Pianissimo virtual grand piano software

Moderators: Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric

lkingston

Pianissimo with Pro Tools via Fxpansion VST to RTAS adapter?

Postby lkingston » Tue May 11, 2010 12:48 pm

Anyone using Pianissimo with Pro Tools via the Fxpansion VST to RTAS adapter? If so, how well does it work?

Any plans to ad RTAS compatibility to Pianissimo?

Acoustica Greg

Re: Pianissimo with Pro Tools via Fxpansion VST to RTAS adap

Postby Acoustica Greg » Tue May 11, 2010 4:27 pm

lkingston wrote:Any plans to ad RTAS compatibility to Pianissimo?

We don't have any plans for an RTAS version in the immediate future.

lkingston

Postby lkingston » Fri May 14, 2010 7:48 am

I just order the Alicia's Keys piano. It was $100, exactly the same price as buying the FXpansion VSTi to RTAS adapter. It's a shame because I really do like Pianissimo and love how it can make such a good piano sound with such a tiny footprint on my PC.

lkingston

Postby lkingston » Fri May 21, 2010 9:52 am

I just installed the Fxpansion VST to RTAS wrapper and can report that Pianissimo works perfectly with Pro Tools with it.

Alicia's Keys sound extremely good (probably the best virtual piano yet) but taxes my little laptop too much to use it in a mix. Pianissimo sounds very good and is more practical in an arrangement because it leaves resources for the other instruments.

I am just amazed at how close Pianissimo gets to the multi-gigabyte pianos with such low overhead.

lkingston

Postby lkingston » Thu May 27, 2010 9:36 am

You know, here I sit with three decent virtual pianos in Pro Tools: Alicia's Keys, the Garritan Steinway basic, and Pianissimo (with the Fxpansion VST to RTAS wrapper). As I play them for various people, the one that jumps out at everyone as sounding like a real piano is Pianissimo. There are things I like about the other pianos: they seem to have more velocity layers for instance, but overall I must say that Pianissimo is my favorite. Not just mine, it seems to be the one everyone who hears them back to back likes best as well.

Acoustica Greg

Postby Acoustica Greg » Thu May 27, 2010 1:41 pm

Thank you for trying it out with the RTAS wrapper and also for your kind words. I passed your message along to the development team.

lkingston wrote:You know, here I sit with three decent virtual pianos in Pro Tools: Alicia's Keys, the Garritan Steinway basic, and Pianissimo (with the Fxpansion VST to RTAS wrapper). As I play them for various people, the one that jumps out at everyone as sounding like a real piano is Pianissimo. There are things I like about the other pianos: they seem to have more velocity layers for instance, but overall I must say that Pianissimo is my favorite. Not just mine, it seems to be the one everyone who hears them back to back likes best as well.

lkingston

Postby lkingston » Thu May 27, 2010 7:44 pm

The only thing that doesn't work in the VST to RTAS wrapper is that Pianissimo doesn't make any sound when you play the virtual keyboard with a mouse. The keys move but no sound is triggered. When you play it with a midi keyboard, you hear the sound and see the keys on the virtual keyboard move like they are supposed to. No big deal, but if you're passing things along to the developer, they might want to know this.

Any word on when the piano pitch might be corrected?

Return to “Pianissimo”