Acoustica - Software should be easy to use

Project, Sound, Mixer, Library tabs

This forum is for use by the beta testing team. Team members can use it to discuss testing issues and help squash those elusive bugs.

NOTE: this forum is for beta software only. This is not a support forum for released software.

Moderators: Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric

Tranceprod Dan

Project, Sound, Mixer, Library tabs

Postby Tranceprod Dan » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:03 pm

So i've noticed a difference between the mixcraft 8 beta and previous versions of mixcraft. Now i don't know if it's a bug because I'm not entirely sure if it was an intentional feature or not. In Mixcraft 7 (and older versions of mixcraft) those 4 tabs would remember the individual height that you set them to. So you could have the library tab low and the sound tab set high. But in mixcraft 8 the height of 1 tab is the height of all tabs, they don't 'remember' the height you set that specific tab to.

Now granted, this isn't a huge problem, but personally I preferred it how it was in older versions. I typically have the sound tab set pretty low but I like to have the mixers up way high. I'm curious what other peoples opinions are (if you can even have an opinion on something so trivial)

Mixcraft 7 (and previous versions)
mx7.gif
mx7.gif (737.86 KiB) Viewed 8515 times

Mixcraft 8
(Pay no mind to the mixcraft 7 style automation buttons, I replaced them)
mx8.gif
mx8.gif (806.78 KiB) Viewed 8515 times

P.S. don't look at that post for too long, it gave me a headache.
Check out the Mixcraft subreddit

Anorax

Re: Project, Sound, Mixer, Library tabs

Postby Anorax » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:31 pm

Looks like they changed the persistence of the tab height. I put this up on bugzilla for you, hopefully they'll get a look at it.

Tranceprod Dan

Postby Tranceprod Dan » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:58 pm

Yeah, I mentioned it to Eric, but I was hesitant to really report it because I wasn't sure if it was intentional or not, or whether any other users would have really cared

Anorax

Postby Anorax » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:16 pm

Tranceprod Dan wrote:Yeah, I mentioned it to Eric, but I was hesitant to really report it because I wasn't sure if it was intentional or not, or whether any other users would have really cared

I wouldn't have noticed until you mentioned it, to be honest :-P

Tranceprod Dan

Postby Tranceprod Dan » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:13 pm

I've noticed in build 370 that the minimum tab height is really quite high (after adjusting once). with my current resolution and the default lane heights I can only see 3.5/4 track lanes at once (Maximum!) unless of course i minimize the tabs all together but...the tabs are important, i like to have them up.

Also, hearkening back to my OP, i still find myself adjusting each tabs height whenever I switch between them because some are best suited lower or higher than others, but I guess at this point any reversion back to older behavior is not likely to be brought back

Tranceprod Dan

Postby Tranceprod Dan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:17 pm

This is still happening with the release build, 373. My guess is the minimum height on all the tabs is so low because the tab heights are linked now and the minimum tab height on the mixer is kind of high. I would love to see individual tab heights be unique like it has been in previous iterations of the software.

Acoustica Greg

Postby Acoustica Greg » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:27 pm

Hi,

We did fix something in Pro Studio that involved Melodyne making the tabs higher. Did you file a bug report on this one?

Greg
Mixcraft 8 - The Musician's DAW
Give it a try here: http://acoustica.com/mixcraft/
Check out our Mixcraft University video tutorials.

Tranceprod Dan

Postby Tranceprod Dan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:46 pm

Not yet Greg, I'll test this a bit more in Pro studio 8 and send a bug report over to Eric when I get the chance. Again, I never know if these types of things are bugs or adjustments to existing features.

Return to “Mixcraft Beta Testing”