Acoustica - Software should be easy to use

Soloing child tracks on multi-out instruments

This forum is for use by the beta testing team. Team members can use it to discuss testing issues and help squash those elusive bugs.

NOTE: this forum is for beta software only. This is not a support forum for released software.

Moderators: Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric

Anorax

Soloing child tracks on multi-out instruments

Postby Anorax » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:29 pm

This may be a "works as intended" behavior, but I've noticed that if you have a multi-out instrument loaded into a track (Track 1 for example) that is currently on solo, and you have one of the child tracks soloed as well (Track 1.2), then once you un-solo the child track (to listen to the whole instrument in solo), the main track becomes un-soloed and you find yourself listening to the entire mix.

Noticed a variant of this in b378, but the current iteration exists in 381.

Acoustica Greg

Re: Soloing child tracks on multi-out instruments

Postby Acoustica Greg » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:53 pm

Hi,

That's the way it works unless you have a sibling track soloed. In that case, it won't un-solo the parent track.

Greg
Mixcraft 8 - The Musician's DAW
Give it a try here: http://acoustica.com/mixcraft/
Check out our Mixcraft University video tutorials.

Acoustica Greg

Postby Acoustica Greg » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:53 pm

Hi,

That's the way it works unless you have a sibling track soloed. In that case, it won't un-solo the parent track.

Greg
Mixcraft 8 - The Musician's DAW
Give it a try here: http://acoustica.com/mixcraft/
Check out our Mixcraft University video tutorials.

Anorax

Postby Anorax » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:05 pm

Ah, ok. I see that the "will un-solo if sibling track is soloed" was fixed from the build I was using earlier, but it still can be a tad redundant having to re-solo the main track.

Perhaps Mixcraft could keep track of the solo-button order? If I click the solo button on Track 1, and then the solo button on track 1.2, then un-soloing Track 1.2 could keep Track 1 soloed, since Track 1 was soloed first. Comparatively, if no tracks are soloed and I solo Track 1.2, then Track 1 would automatically be soloed and would un-solo with Track 1.2.

Return to “Mixcraft Beta Testing”