Acoustica - Software should be easy to use

AI writes orchestral music

Use this forum for discussing music in general, rather than specific Acoustica products.

Moderators: Acoustica Dan, Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric

UilleannB

AI writes orchestral music

Postby UilleannB » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:03 am

We thought, computers might be faster, but could never replace human creativity. Well, that's over now - computers even write classical music now, which will be used for movies and tv:

https://futurism.com/a-new-ai-can-write ... -composer/

Scary shit - because this is actually quite good:

http://www.aiva.ai/

Bad times for musicans, or a chance (in which way)? Your opinions?

freightgod

Re: AI writes orchestral music

Postby freightgod » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:54 am

I semi-quote all the Old-Timers in advance :)

No fear here. My wife would have fallen asleep at 00:28 into that first sample. At 52, I've finally figured out that chicks dig a guy with a guitar :lol: and the music I make now has to do double duty :lol:

Yeah, there's a formula to everything. Dodging it is what I'm learning keeps the head awake, the heart alive, and my chick awake! 8) :P (That's me on the left haha. ha.)

Great find, and I hope to hear from a lot of voices on this one. Good discussion. Thanks for sharing! :D

And Mods, we could use just a slightly larger set of emoticons. We are old farts, you know!

* Have downloaded the first sample on that page, I'll play with the time and vamp a crappy vocal to it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

** It's music like this that is killing the entertainment and education today. I'm serious. Try learning something in school today via video without a soundtrack intruding on every scene.

freightgod

Postby freightgod » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:59 am

*** and would an algorhythm be able to spot all the song-lyric gold in my reply above?? :wink:

oh and bring it on, Deep Blue...https://soundcloud.com/unknownartist-14/hiasfuk

freightgod

Postby freightgod » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:18 am

Greg is gonna ask what version of MXPro I used to record that on and Mark is gonna call me out on the distortion. AJ will suggest a plugin. And SOMEBODY is going to ask how to time-stretch without affecting pitch! I roll my eyes. :arrow: :roll:

Mark Bliss

Postby Mark Bliss » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:38 am

freightgod wrote:Mark is gonna call me out on the distortion.

1:09 :lol: :lol: (That's me on the left, laughing at me on the right.)

Its all funny Paul, good stuff.
Plenty of music sounds like it was created by AI to me, I see no loss, no gain there.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page

aj113

Postby aj113 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:36 am

It's a good attempt, but they are just musical meanderings, with no recognisable repeated melody.

UilleannB

Postby UilleannB » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:14 am

aj113 wrote:It's a good attempt, but they are just musical meanderings, with no recognisable repeated melody.

Yes, kind of. Then again, this is maybe something you can teach it soon too, and a lot of musicans do it, and worse. (Was just forced to listen to another Hans Zimmer soundtrack ... :roll: )

Return to “General Music Topics”