It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: No Sound in Mixcraft 6
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:37 am 

Hi. I downloaded Mixcraft 6 yesterday and no sound will play. The program itself seems to be trying to make sound (the volume slider/indicator thing is moving around) but if I look at it in Windows' volume mixer, nothing is happening.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:51 am 

Hi,

In Mixcraft, click on the File menu, then select Preferences and choose the Sound Device preferences. What do you have selected as your playback device? That's where the sound is going.

Greg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:54 am 

The sound is going to my headset (Logitech G35). I can hear everything else on my computer, including Mixcraft 5. I've tried restarting my computer and running the program as an administrator. Neither changed anything.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:03 am 

I just changed the output device to my speakers and I can hear it, so I guess it's a compatibility issue with my headset. Is there anything I could try to fix that?

On a side note, turning down my system volume doesn't turn down Mixcraft. Is that supposed to happen? If so, is there any way I can disable it?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:41 pm 

Mixcraft will half-work with the G35 if the settings are right, (the G35 is an excellent headphone), but it doesn't work in the way I needed it to work. Being a USB sound device, I couldn't get my G35s working with my TonePort UX2 so I opened them up and direct wired-in and bundled a standard stereo cable and plug along with the USB connection. I don't get the fancy simulated surround sound using the 3.5mm stereo connection method but I can use them for recording in Mixcraft and that's way more important at the moment. I can still plug them in via USB and make use of the software/surround capability if I want to but as it turns out I tend to use them mostly with the stereo connector and I'm happy with the way they sound.

Cheers

Dave