Acoustica - Software should be easy to use

waves rewire (waves tune)

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Dan, Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric

roberthall

waves rewire (waves tune)

Postby roberthall » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:02 pm

Hi All,

I have been using mixcraft 6 since beta. I was a beta tester. I now have build 204. I have become fairly knowedgable but have become stumped. I am trying to use Waves Tune 32bit version. I have the full version. Its on sale now for 99 bucks. Here is the problem. After loading my project, I load the rewire app as described in the manual. ( I have tried loading it both ways ), It seems to load fine. I then go to my vocal track and add waves tune under the effects section. It comes up fine. I then set up the setting such as scale ect... When I hit play it begins to scan but, a message comes up in the scan window that says "outside session limits". after the scan finishes, the rewire does not seem to work correctly. If I move the time line in waves tune, the time line in mixcraft does also move but it does not move to the correct position. If I move the time line in mixcraft, the time line in waves tune does not move at all. Also when I start play back in mixcraft, the waves tune starts to scan again even tho that section has already been scanned. I was thinking I might try to go to propellerhead.com and download the latest version of rewire to see if that would work, but I dont know if that would cause problems with waves tune as it has its own rewire version ( waves rewire ). As I just recently bought waves tune version 9, I suspect that the waves rewire that comes with it is upto date. Any suggestions? Thx 4 any help in this matter.

Robert

PC dualcore 3.0 Ghz, 2 gig ram, windows vista - upto date.
screen picture
https://www.box.com/s/g9b1py0odmdenouqf55x
Last edited by roberthall on Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Hall

Acoustica Greg

Re: waves rewire (waves tune)

Postby Acoustica Greg » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:07 am

Hi,

Which version of Waves Tune are you using?

Greg

roberthall

Postby roberthall » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:26 pm

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

Which version of Waves Tune are you using?

Greg

Hi Greg :)

Thanks for helping. As stated in the original post I am using Waves version 9 which supports 32bit and 64 bit. My computer is 32 bit. 3.0 GHz dual processor with 2 gig of ram. Vista premium.

Robert
Robert Hall

Acoustica Greg

Postby Acoustica Greg » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:24 pm

Hi,

Mixcraft only works as a Rewire host, it doesn't work as a Rewire slave. So, Mixcraft can tell other apps to start playing audio, but other apps can't control Mixcraft via Rewire. That's part of what's going on, I think.

I can't get the demo version to work here. It just stays stuck in scanning mode. I'll see if anybody else here has any ideas.

Greg

roberthall

Postby roberthall » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:32 pm

Thanks Greg,

Acoustica Greg wrote:Mixcraft only works as a Rewire host, it doesn't work as a Rewire slave. So, Mixcraft can tell other apps to start playing audio, but other apps can't control Mixcraft via Rewire. That's part of what's going on, I think.

Maybe right but i am leaning towards, that its something else. From everything I read... the host and device should be able to talk to each other using waves rewire.

I have read somewhere on the net that mixcraft did work with waves tune, but Waves does not support compatibility problems with Mixcraft. The waves tune is working. It's just the "rewire" thats not letting the host/master (mixcraft) and the device/slave (waves tune), to talk to each other correctly. At least that is what i suspect.

Robert :)
Last edited by roberthall on Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Hall

Acoustica Greg

Postby Acoustica Greg » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:35 pm

Hi,

Yes, that's likely why you're seeing that error message. You can probably use the other features of Waves Tune (aside from controlling Mixcraft's transport).

Greg

roberthall

Postby roberthall » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:59 pm

I wish that was the only problem but sadly there is another and its a deal killer. When a track is scaned, waves tune is supposed to remember what areas have been scanned, but it does not. It rescans everytime play is activated. :roll:

Oh well... 100 bucks gone. At least I got it on sale and didnt pay 300 for it. :)
I guess i learned my leason.

thx for your help greg. If you happen to find out anything on this, I would be greatful.

Robert
Robert Hall

Ianpb

Postby Ianpb » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:34 pm

Someone I know had Waves Tune and couldn't get it to function, so asked me to have a go. I had trouble too, and became so frustrated, angry, an appalled at its dysfunctional design that I came close to sending Waves a viciously insulting email. He decided to give up on it too.

roberthall

Postby roberthall » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:51 pm

TY Ianpb

Robert
Robert Hall

Return to “Mixcraft”