Wow, working on version 7 already! I'm sure it's going to be awesome! Well, I really don't have a lot of major additions to ask for, so great job Acoustica team! I do have 10 or so ideas though, which is a lot I know, so I've ordered them by importance/usefulness:
1. I'm not sure if Mixcraft 6 has this feature already, but it would be great if you could easily solo just a single track by holding down the shift key (or alt or ctrl.) That way I don't have to un-solo any tracks when I only want to preview one at a time. (Just a nice timesaver.)
2. One other issue (just a slight time-waster really) is the transferring of effects between tracks. For instance, I often move instrument effects on duplicate tracks to the effects chain of a single submix or send track. It would be really helpful if there was a simple "move to" or "copy to" command or something like that for transferring VST effects to other tracks.
3. Stereo delay plugin please!
Stereo delay is something I've been learning about recently and I wish Mixcraft came with one. A stereo delay (with built-in low pass filter, if I'm using the right term) can simulate wall echos and is a subtler alternative to reverb.
4. Another thing is time select, a wonderful feature currently available in version 6. It works great for selecting entire sections of the project, and I sometimes wish it was available in piano roll view on virtual instrument clips.
5. If possible I would really appreciate a method for specifying smooth tempo changes, whether its a check box on tempo markers or automation on the master track. Currently it takes some effort (though not too much) to add several markers during tempo transitions. Again, an automated system would be just awesome!
6. As an icing on the cake thing, I think it would be cool if Mixcraft could display chord names in notation view by analyzing the notes of midi clips. It would really make the notation printouts much more useful, especially to those who can't read traditional sheet music, but can follow along to chord progressions.
7. I would like to see some enhancements to the wonderful automatic backup feature. Right now, Mixcraft takes a backup every time you save the project; however, I tend to save my projects very frequently, leading to dozens of backups during a single session. It would be great if you could enable an option so that Mixcraft only saved a backup after you closed a project. It sure would make the backups folder smaller and save some hard drive space. Additionally, you could add a menu option to "save a backup," for those times when you really did want a copy.
8. The one thing I disliked about Mixcraft 6, and the only thing for that matter, was the new font on the transport area. I'm not opposed to a change of typography (I'm really interested in typography,) but the font you guys made just looks, well, slightly ugly. (The concept isn't bad, just the execution seems unrefined. It might look better in a lighter weight or in TrueType format, for using ClearType.) If you ever have the money to license a professional font, I think that Eurostile, Museo Sans 500, or Anivers would look and function great. (UPDATE: Consolas seems more legible than the three I originally mentioned.)
9. Similar to suggestion #4, I would appreciate a reverse command on midi clips, on those occasions when I like to play around with reversed-sound effects. It's not a necessity for me, but I think it could be easy to implement.
10. Sample tracks would be great for sampling repeated sound effects and drums hits from the loop library. For instance, you could drag an audio clip onto a sample track, then use some sort of clip or what-have-you to trigger and stop the sound. (It could even be controllable via midi.)
Also, another vote for "submixes in submixes," such as cymbals submix in drums submix. (Two levels deep is all I need.) And an up vote for more video codecs. And one last vote for "bypass all."
If there is still room for more features, I would also appreciate (though not require) support for FLAC audio, and perhaps a way to select all midi notes in a clip that are from the same midi channel. Thanks! (PS you can get rid of the 3-band EQ on the main mix track in the mixer. I know, I know... I suggested it. But I don't really use it as much as I thought I would, and wouldn't care if you dropped it in version 7.)