It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:45 pm 

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Computer-Cards-Components/Sound-Cards/abcat0507003.c?id=abcat0507003

OK Acoustica, seeing as how the best latency you can get is 20 ms on most computers and then Mixcraft become unstable.

Can you provide a list of external sound cards that will work with Mixcraft that fix the incompatibility that cause the latency an instability problem with low latency settings?

Will any of these work?

Creative - Sound Blaster X-Fi Go! Pro External USB Sound Card

Creative - Sound Blaster Audigy SE PCI 2.1 Sound Card

Creative - Sound Blaster Z Sound Card

Sabrent - External Sound Box - External

eForCity - External Sound Box - External

Or do we have to spend $300 +?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:06 pm 

Has Acoustica in any thorough and meaningful way actually tested any external sound cards for MixCraft and if so is there any data available?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:33 pm 

Is this controller compatible with Mixcraft and will there be latency?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:45 pm 

Well, i have experience with 2 of these cards and could offer advice. I'd have to do some work for it, though.

So if you:

1. post an apology in all threads you posted in, on this forum, to those you have treated with disdain, arrogance, and even threats
2. then admit your system's sound interface is to blame and not Mixcraft

then i let you share my knowledge. Which didn't come for free: it took me time and money and effort to get it, something you yourself seemed to value highly, when you talked about those who use loops and those who took the time to learn to play an instrument. So i'm sure that you appreciate that knowledge has value and that it doesn't always come for free.

Or don't, and then maybe you learn that you can't kick the dog and teach him tricks too. Old Chinese proverb, that.

still playing: at the drive in-calexico-d. bowie-dead moon-neubauten-faith no more-godflesh-god lives underwater-gy!be-gbv-j. frusciante-misery loves co.-nin-noir désir-p. hammill-pixies-rush-silver mt. zion-swans-the mars volta-vdgg-zen guerrilla

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:02 pm 

Ball wrote:
OK Acoustica, seeing as how the best latency you can get is 20 ms on most computers and then Mixcraft become unstable.
Interesting. Have you tested Mixcraft on "most computers" yourself in order to come to this conclusion? Are you aware that latency is a soundcard issue, not a DAW issue?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:16 pm 

Juno wrote:
Well, i have experience with 2 of these cards and could offer advice. I'd have to do some work for it, though.

So if you:

1. post an apology in all threads you posted in, on this forum, to those you have treated with disdain, arrogance, and even threats
2. then admit your system's sound interface is to blame and not Mixcraft

then i let you share my knowledge. Which didn't come for free: it took me time and money and effort to get it, something you yourself seemed to value highly, when you talked about those who use loops and those who took the time to learn to play an instrument. So i'm sure that you appreciate that knowledge has value and that it doesn't always come for free.

Or don't, and then maybe you learn that you can't kick the dog and teach him tricks too. Old Chinese proverb, that.

What a dick you are. You are probably lying.

Because I told the truth about MixCRAP you claim to have knowledge that you are unwilling to share with me and others who are undoubtedly having similar problems. When you do a Google search about MixCRAP's latency issues nobody has an answer.

Here's an American proverb: When you screw with the bull you get the horns. Because of your attitude Mr sock Mixcraft employee I will be forwarding a copy of this thread to Joseph Clarke and the rest of the company officers. So Mr B, did AOL fire you? AOL LOL!

I can bet that a lot of people have read this thread and soon it will be deleted but that's not a problem. I can start a "MixCraft Support Blog" or 2 or three or ten or more.

If there is an answer to the horrible latency problem with Mixcraft rest assured I will find it.

Because of the deception and non answers I have gotten here I feel it is my duty to warn others of the unresolved latency problem with Mixcraft. Buyers need to know that for most computers a serious upgrade is needed in order to maybe get Mixcraft to work.... an upgrade that is trial and error.

You geeks (and I mean that in the kindest way) just don't get it. With any DAW on any Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8 computer should either work or there should be a caveat explaining all the required upgrades required so that it will work. That's called being ethical. Anything else would be fraud.

Here's the deal B. You admit the truth either as your sock puppet or as who you really are that Acoustica misrepresented Mixcraft and failed to disclose the latency issues and profusely apologize to me and get help for your cluster B and C personality disorders. Currently I don't have a lot of positive feelings about Mixcraft and Acoustica's deceptive marketing practices. It is my constitutional protected right to express my opinion about DAWs in general and Acoustica and Mixcraft specifically.

So, whoever you are please explain why you think that Acoustica's marketing practices are ethical and why you are not a punk.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:43 pm 

aj113 wrote:
Ball wrote:
Interesting. Have you tested Mixcraft on "most computers" yourself in order to come to this conclusion? Are you aware that latency is a soundcard issue, not a DAW issue?

I ran it on a Sony Vio and 2 HPs.

Yes latency is a sound card issue but it is also a driver issue. Mixcraft will not work with UFX 1604 USB ASIO driver either. When you go to that driver it says, Mixcraft is unable to open playback with your current settings. please be certain that your audio device (ie, sound device, USB, speakers ect is plugged in and turned on.

This is another device and driver that Mixcraft does not support. I guess then that when I review the USA 202 on Musician Friend I would say that it works great with Garage Band and Reaper but not with MixCraft.

Acoustica will not even recommend the proper USB interface or drivers and that it probably because they know that there isn't one. The next best thing to do then is to blame the majority of computers and tell the customers that they are stupid.

There either is an ideal USB interface and ASIO for mixcraft that works right or there isn't. I don't think that there is.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:08 pm 

aj113 wrote:
Ball wrote:

Here are the links you get when you Google Mixcraft Latency Problems. A lot of people are asking the latency question and getting the same wrong answers.

How about Acoustica telling people which sound card will work with Mixcraft? Maybe it's because there aren't any that work well. If there were some ideal sound cards for Mixcraft then Acoustica will provide a list of certified sound cards.

Popping
More
Search tools
About 19,000 results (0.34 seconds)
Search Results
Sound Is Delayed Or Lagging (Latency) (Mixcraft 4) - Acoustica
www.acoustica.com › products › mixcraft › support‎

The opposite problem of sound breaking up or gapping is that the sound will be delayed and have a latency from the time an edit is made to the time you hear it.
Acoustica User Forums • View topic - Latency Problems Using ...
demon.acoustica.com › Board index › Acoustica Products › Mixcraft‎

Nov 2, 2008 - 13 posts - 4 authors
I am new to Mixcraft 4 (using the demo) and really like its ease of use. ... It defaults to 50 millisecs. and I've tried changing the latency up and down. ... Otherwise, switch to WAVE mode and see if your problem is solved.
Latency/sound-breaking ...
Latency & Audio Glitch Issues
Delay latency when trying to ...
Solved latency with ASIO but ...
9 posts
3 posts
6 posts
11 posts
Nov 17, 2011
Nov 30, 2009
Sep 8, 2009
May 21, 2007
Mixcraft 5 - Latency and Audio Interface - YouTube

► 6:32
www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjb4eOemOtc
Apr 16, 2010 - Uploaded by travelgot
In this tutorial we take a brief look at the issue of latency and audio interfaces as it relates to Mixcraft 5.
Mixcraft 5 Tutorials - Mixcraft 5 Windows Part 4: Latency and Audio ...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4GQHxYLCo0
May 31, 2010 - Uploaded by acoustica222
How to configure your sound device and adjust latency settings in ... Mixcraft 5 Tutorials - Mixcraft 5 Windows ...
More videos for latency problems mixcraft »
Zero latency in Mixcraft? - Yahoo! Answers
answers.yahoo.com › All Categories › Computers & Internet › Software‎
Nov 18, 2010 – I've just acquired Mixcraft and I really like it, but I have latency issues. I'd like to record my guitar over a drum track, but the latency is getting ...
Recording Issues with Mixcraft...?
Latency issues with Mixcraft..?
How to fix Mixcraft 5 Extreme Lag on Virtual ...
Mixcraft 4.5 problem ? help please!?
1 answer
1 answer
1 answer
1 answer
Nov 22, 2011
Nov 21, 2011
Jun 26, 2010
Nov 16, 2009
Community: Latency issues with Windows 7 Home Version, Mixcraft ...
line6.com › ... › POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort › Discussions‎
Oct 19, 2010 – Here is my scenario... 1. Recording active bass. 2. Mixcraft recording software. 3. Dell Windows 7 Home Edition - 64 bit. 4. Intel Celeron 2.20 ...
I'm having a problem with latency.
USB Latency
Apr 26, 2012
Nov 22, 2010
Latency issues while monitoring. - Home Recording forums
homerecording.com › ... › Digital Recording & Computers‎
Feb 3, 2012 - 10 posts - 4 authors
Had problems installing Cubase, so I went with Mixcraft. ... using the stock WDM drivers, which has an automatic, unchangeable, 30ms latency.
MIXCRAFT 5.1 Program - Charlie Hall & Friends - ProBoards
charliehall.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=print...‎

Jun 5, 2010 – You can get some latency problems depending on how you connect the guitar up . If you need any help with Mixcraft shout out. I know a number ...
MixcraftLive: Hello fellow Mixcraft artists/Producers
www.mixcraftlive.com/forum.php?band_id=0&c=topics&t...‎

Sep 1, 2008 – I used it on Welcome on my page and I seemed to loose all the latency problems. All I did was go to the preference tab on Mixcraft and select ...
i need help with latency issues in Mixcraft Forum
acoustica.yuku.com › Acoustica Discussion Boards › Mixcraft‎
Feb 15, 2012 - 1 post - 1 author
probably number one newbie question,but when i try to lay guitar tracks on top of a drum mp3 it gets off beat also terrible latency issues not .

Mixcraft 5 Tutorials - Mixcraft 5 Windows Part 4: Latency and Audio ...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4GQHxYLCo0
May 31, 2010 - Uploaded by acoustica222
How to configure your sound device and adjust latency settings in Mixcraft 5. ... Mixcraft Delayed Microphone ...
Mixcraft 5 - Latency and Audio Interface - YouTube

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjb4eOemOtc
Apr 16, 2010 - Uploaded by travelgot
Reducing Sound Card Latency for All Audio Interfacesby ... Mixcraft Delayed Microphone Fix Tutorialby ...
More videos for mixcraft latency fix »
Sound Is Delayed Or Lagging (Latency) (Mixcraft 4) - Acoustica

The opposite problem of sound breaking up or gapping is that the sound will be delayed and have a latency from the time an edit is made to the time you hear it.
Mixcraft 5 Video Tutorials - Acoustica

How to configure your sound device and adjust latency settings in Mixcraft 5. ... A look at using Mixcraft 5's piano roll to edit MIDI data, including fixing a flawed ...
How to fix Mixcraft 5 Extreme Lag on Virtual Instruments? - Yahoo ...
answers.yahoo.com › ... › Hardware › Other - Hardware‎

Jun 26, 2010 – In Mixcraft, click on the File menu and select Preferences. In the Sound Device preferences, switch to ASIO or WaveRT if either one is available.
Latency issues with Mixcraft..?
Zero latency in Mixcraft?
Whats wrong with my Mixcraft Music Studio?
1 answer
2 answers
1 answer
Nov 21, 2011
Nov 18, 2010
Jun 18, 2010
Community: Latency issues with Windows 7 Home Version, Mixcraft ...
line6.com › ... › POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort › Discussions‎
Oct 19, 2010 – Latency issues with Windows 7 Home Version, Mixcraft & POD Studio GX - Bass Guitar ... Hopefully the full Windows 7 fix will clean this up.
Mixcraft 6.1 Build 216 - Changelog - Softpedia
www.softpedia.com › ... › Audio › Audio Mixers/Synthesizers › Mixcraft‎

Mixcraft, changelog, new features, changes, news, fixes, bugfixes. ... Pressing stop at the end of low latency recording no longer pauses audio mixing, causing ...
how to fix latency mixcraft 5? - Yedda
aolanswers.com/.../how_to_fix_latency_mixcraft_5_p86233707617387...‎
Actually, hairless cats, sphinxes, (my favorite cats) are extremely affectionate, and have among the mellowist natures in the cat world. They do ...
Firewire Solo exhibiting bad latency using Mixcraft 4 [Archive ...
forums.m-audio.com › ... › Audio Interfaces › FireWire Series‎

Jul 28, 2008 - 7 posts - 3 authors
i would also venture to recommend all the standard boiler plate fixes ... pro tools how much latency a plugin is causing, but as i'm not a Mixcraft ...
How do you fix latency in reconding on mixcraft - Wiki Answers
wiki.answers.com › Wiki Answers › Categories › Uncategorized‎
Latency and Latency are two ways of measuring speed? CAS (column access strobe) Latency and RAS (row access strobe) Latency Read More. How do fix a ...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:11 pm 

Ball.., how are you using Mixcraft? Are you using it to record external audio into the DAW or are you using it as a Host program for song production via VST's?

Based on the specs you listed a while back in another thread, I'm shocked that you cannot get MC6 to run properly and efficiently on your system. My computer's CPU is 2.6 Ghz, Windows 7 (64 bit), and 4 gigs of RAM. My computer does quite well with Mixcraft, and I do know a majority of my problems I've had are related to how low my latency settings are when using WaveRT (which is my computers limitations and not Mixcrafts).

Have you tried the ASIO4ALL free driver. I use the ASIO4ALL driver for another application of mine (Beat Thang Virutal). Tonight I dug in and switched from WaveRT in MC6 to the ASIO4ALL driver. I then went in and made some tweaks and BAM! MC6 for me is running MUCH better now using the ASIO4ALL driver.

Not sure if you've tried that driver, but thought I'd throw it out there. Your computer is better than mine, and should run MC6 quite well.

Roland Juno-Di, Roland RS-70, M-Audio Venom, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61, Yamaha PSR-S700, Behringer Desktop Studio Monitors, Beat Thang Virtual, Mixcraft 6, Power Tracks Pro 2013, Dimension Le, Gateway 2.60 GHz Processor (Dual Core), 4 GIGS RAM, 64 Bit.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:01 am 

Latency and sound issues are a combination of the operating system and the sound card being used. No software manufacturer can possibly accomodate all the hardware that is being produced and updated on a regular basis. Most bult-in computer audio cards are not designed or meant to be used for audio production. I have used Mixcraft succesfully with the built-in RealTek HD Audio card that came with my computer but it has it's limitations. I did a lot of research on computer configuration and what sound cards provide the best results for audio production, regardless of the DAW, before I purchased anything. I now have a laptop, Intel I7, quad core processor, 16 GB ram and Windows 7 64 bit OS. I use the M-Audio C600 audio interface with it's provided ASIO drivers (and ensure I always have the latest drivers for my OS and audio card). M-Audio no longer makes the C600 but you can use the specifications for this interface and find a comparable other interface to purchase. I have experimented with ASIO4ALL and in some instances it works and other times it did not perform as well as the M-Audio. I have also made some of the recommended tweaks to the OS to make it more compatible with audio production (uninstallling/removing extraneous and unnecessary program and background services, disabling the on-board audio card when using the outboard M-Audio interface). I have near zero latency, no popping, no crackling, and no performance problems. Mixcraft is an excellent mid/entry level DAW that accomodates most hardware and software configurations. They are constantly upgrading and fixing their product to make it even better. If you want PRO-AUDIO go out and buy the expensive hardware and software used by the pro audio studios. If your'e willing to accept some limitations and are really only interested at this time in creating music for home and personal use, then do a little experimentation, read some of the other articles about home audio recording and the required and appropriate DAW and audio interfaces and have some fun! Bashing Mixcraft will only get you limited help in this forum. Realize that you are not working with a pro-audio setup and work through the issues gracefully.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:12 am 

Ball wrote:
Long, paranoid and incoherent rant, spiced up by weird delusions

"Mr. Ball feels a bit off these days."

Look, all i asked you was to change your attitude if you really want help. Instead, you just ramble on and on, showing blatant misconceptions that you think of as "the" truth, ignoring every experience that conflicts with your view, so you can keep justifying your imagined claims as "honest critique", throwing around contempt and insults, mumbling angry about how your inadaquacies should be compensated by everyone and everything but yourself, expecting the whole world to sympathize with your whining.
Yeah, the world is there to serve your every need. Good luck with that! :roll:

Now i must look for a new job, because AOL fired me. :lol:

still playing: at the drive in-calexico-d. bowie-dead moon-neubauten-faith no more-godflesh-god lives underwater-gy!be-gbv-j. frusciante-misery loves co.-nin-noir désir-p. hammill-pixies-rush-silver mt. zion-swans-the mars volta-vdgg-zen guerrilla

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]