Acoustica - Software should be easy to use

ME-80 updated to 2.4

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Dan, Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric

crazyclef

ME-80 updated to 2.4

Postby crazyclef » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:10 pm

Hello folks!

I've recently noticed and wanted to let you know that Gunnar updated ME-80 to version 2.4, providing significant upgrades to his synth.

Release notes

• Now CC messages always works when DSP is off.
  • Increased polyphony. Mono, 8 voices, 12 voices, 16 voices and 24 voices selector. The original had 8 voices, so the purists can set it to 8 voices. Older patches will load with 12 voices like the 2.3 version.
  • New "quality" knob in the delay section. Reduces the bandwidth like a Bucket Brigade Delay.
    100% Quality = 100% Digital as in previous versions. Lower Quality reduces bandwidth.
  • New "quality" knob in the chorus section. Reduces bandwidth like old analogue equipment.
    100% Quality = 100% Digital as in previous versions.
  • Group presets save and load for synthline1, synthline2 and equalizer.
  • Built with CK_Engine by Chris Kerry.
  • Adjustments in the factory bank: Firestone (wheel morphing), Lead Minimoog2 (wheel morphing), Keys EQ and Unison Highpass (new).

Gunnar also provides bigger HD ME-80 GUI for wide monitors (BIG High-tec skin by Scott Kane).

http://memorymoon.com/

Any chance these upgrades can make it to a new Mixcraft build?

crazyclef

Re: ME-80 updated to 2.4

Postby crazyclef » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:46 pm

apologies if this belongs in this section http://forums.acoustica.com/bbs/viewforum.php?f=14 please move if so, thank you.

Acoustica Greg

Postby Acoustica Greg » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:50 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion!

Greg
Mixcraft 8 - The Musician's DAW
Give it a try here: http://acoustica.com/mixcraft/
Check out our Mixcraft University video tutorials.

crazyclef

Postby crazyclef » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:11 pm

you are very welcome.

would love to see it upgraded one day, it's a hell of a synth and the new HD GUI looks just stunning! so much the improvement over the old one. with these new bigger knobs looks far more convenient to tweak.

thanks for the consideration.

have a great day!

Anorax

Postby Anorax » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:59 pm

On a side note, when was the last time that the Mixcraft copy of Messiah was updated? I'm noticing that when downloading and loading the extra banks provided by Gunnar, I'm getting a "Some parameters could not be loaded (2 of 261)" error, which in my experience with SynthEdit and SE-based VSTs means that there's a version mismatch between the version of the VST that the client is using and the version of the VST that was used to make the VST patch bank.

crazyclef

Postby crazyclef » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:36 am

On a side note, when was the last time that the Mixcraft copy of Messiah was updated? I'm noticing that when downloading and loading the extra banks provided by Gunnar, I'm getting a "Some parameters could not be loaded (2 of 261)" error, which in my experience with SynthEdit and SE-based VSTs means that there's a version mismatch between the version of the VST that the client is using and the version of the VST that was used to make the VST patch bank.

yep, totally confirm this behavior, errors while loading the latest soundbanks. version mismatch it is.

Memorymoon synths just need to be updated to the latest version, period. aren't Acoustica paying Gunnar for some kind of a license use anyway? why waste it and not get the updates?

@Acoutica Greg please forward the request to the development team if possible.

Ian Craig

Postby Ian Craig » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:05 am

I've often wondered about this too. Here's hoping
Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio Build 418 (64bit)
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz,
2TB SSD etc, 40GB RAM,
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 (1st Gen, USB2).

Acoustica Greg

Postby Acoustica Greg » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:09 am

Hi,

ME-80 version 2.4 will be in the next update.

Greg

Acoustica Greg

Postby Acoustica Greg » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:41 am

Anorax wrote:On a side note, when was the last time that the Mixcraft copy of Messiah was updated? I'm noticing that when downloading and loading the extra banks provided by Gunnar, I'm getting a "Some parameters could not be loaded (2 of 261)" error, which in my experience with SynthEdit and SE-based VSTs means that there's a version mismatch between the version of the VST that the client is using and the version of the VST that was used to make the VST patch bank.

Hi,

If we included the new version of Messiah, then everybody would get those parameter errors on existing projects.

The new version of ME-80 that will be in the next update doesn't have this problem; it's fully compatible.

The solution for Messiah would be to include a separate copy of the new version of Messiah. We actually did this with an earlier version of ME-80, and that's why we have the separate v2 version in there.

Greg

crazyclef

Postby crazyclef » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:06 am

This is some great news, thank you for the timely support!

Will HD GUI for wide monitors be also included, as far as you know? It comes as a separate file, as I've learned.

The solution for Messiah would be to include a separate copy of the new version of Messiah.

Would you do that please? It's a shame newer banks won't work with the current version, whatever it is.

Anorax

Postby Anorax » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:49 pm

crazyclef wrote:

This is some great news, thank you for the timely support!

Will HD GUI for wide monitors be also included, as far as you know? It comes as a separate file, as I've learned.
From my experience, you can easily email Gunnar and get any alternate ME80 versions you need.
The solution for Messiah would be to include a separate copy of the new version of Messiah.

Would you do that please? It's a shame newer banks won't work with the current version, whatever it is.

The most up-to-date version of Messiah is Messiah 1.3 R14. The Mixcraft version is Messiah 1.3, R number unknown.

crazyclef

Postby crazyclef » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:38 pm

Anorax but does he provide updates and HD GUI version to his customers and Mixcraft users all the same? if you've bought directly from him, that may be a different story.

Anorax

Postby Anorax » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:17 pm

crazyclef wrote:Anorax but does he provide updates and HD GUI version to his customers and Mixcraft users all the same? if you've bought directly from him, that may be a different story.

The only products of Gunnar's that I own came included in versions of Mixcraft. Take that as you will.

gunnare

Postby gunnare » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:51 am

Messiah: The "2 parameters missing" error message you can just ignore.

All banks will load just fine. There are no errors in the sound engine. And there is no reason to for Mixcraft to update Messiah. It is probably some minor changes that I dont even remember. The versions will sound just the same. Dont be afraid for a little error message!

All the best
gunnare

Acoustica Greg

Postby Acoustica Greg » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:09 am

gunnare wrote:Messiah: The "2 parameters missing" error message you can just ignore.

All banks will load just fine. There are no errors in the sound engine. And there is no reason to for Mixcraft to update Messiah. It is probably some minor changes that I dont even remember. The versions will sound just the same. Dont be afraid for a little error message!

All the best
gunnare

Thanks, gunnare! :)

Return to “Mixcraft”