Acoustica - Software should be easy to use

Autotune Pro and Izotope 5 causing crash?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Dan, Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric

cake05

Autotune Pro and Izotope 5 causing crash?

Postby cake05 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:11 am

I've been using the same laptop for use years running mixcraft 7 with about 10 effect chains for my vocals. In the effect chain were 2 instances of Izotope 5 and Autotune 7.

I recently upgraded to a razer blade laptop and mixcraft 8. I upgraded to auto tune pro while still using the exact same effect chain.

Now I can't finish a project for the life of me. Randomly the project will crash, effects in the chain will disable, terribly loud pops and screetches when loading the effect chain, etc.

I'm using the same sample rate and buffer size as on my previous laptop. Autotune 8 and izotope 5 are in a vst3 folder. I'm not sure what's going on.

Also, after mixing down I sometimes immediately get an error message with a list of certain effects being disabled. Usually these are native plugins (classic chorus, classic delay, etc) causing me to have to reload the effects chain, which may or may not work.

ALSO, after mixing down, the audio in the wav. will fade almost completely out at random times during the recording and the fade back up to full volume, as if I randomly faded the track in and out during editing.

Specs:
x64
intel core i7-8750H 2.20 ghz 2201 mhz 6 core 12 logical processors
16 gb ram

Equipment:
Focusrite scarlett 2i2
Shure sm7b mic
cloudlifter pre-amp

My previous laptop had worse specs than this and ran mixcraft 7 completely fine. I sometimes had 6 vocal tracks running, all with my usual effect chain of 10 different effects each. thats 60 native/3rd party vst's running.

Yes I'm using the up to date version of mixcraft 8

Acoustica Greg

Re: Autotune Pro and Izotope 5 causing crash?

Postby Acoustica Greg » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:41 am

Hi,

In regard to the fading problem when you mix down: try mixing down to a wav file that matches the sample rate you're using in Sound Device preferences. If you're using a sample rate of 48000 Hz, mix down to a wav file with a sample rate of 48000 Hz.

In regard to the crashing problems, wait until it crashes again, then quit Mixcraft and send us your Mixcraft-log.txt file before you run Mixcraft again.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\

Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Mixcraft 8 - The Musician's DAW
Give it a try here: http://acoustica.com/mixcraft/
Check out our Mixcraft University video tutorials.

Sharm

Postby Sharm » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:57 am

Hiya, did this ever get resolved? I am having the exact same issues with the exact same plugins. It only happened after I purchased and installed them. However I am also using Nectar Elements alongside them.

Acoustica Greg

Postby Acoustica Greg » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:49 pm

Sharm wrote:Hiya, did this ever get resolved? I am having the exact same issues with the exact same plugins. It only happened after I purchased and installed them. However I am also using Nectar Elements alongside them.

Hi,

Wait until it crashes again, then quit Mixcraft and send us your Mixcraft-log.txt file before you run Mixcraft again.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\

Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg

Sharm

Postby Sharm » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:48 am

Hey all, just wanted to update with a fix. Greg advised me to change 1 thing and it worked. I had been using the VST3 versions of Autotune and Nectar, switching those to the VST versions completely resolved all issues for me. So have a quick check on your plugin chain and swap any VST3s out to VSTs and see if it works for you too.

Acoustica Greg

Postby Acoustica Greg » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:59 am

Hi,

Thanks for coming back and letting us know my suggestion helped!

Greg

Return to “Mixcraft”