Acoustica - Software should be easy to use

What are your top 3 feature requests for Mixcraft 9?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Dan, Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric

User avatar
Acoustica Greg
Posts: 19222
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:30 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: What are your top 3 feature requests for Mixcraft 9?

Postby Acoustica Greg » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:08 am

Image
Mixcraft 8 - The Musician's DAW
Give it a try here: http://acoustica.com/mixcraft/
Check out our Mixcraft University video tutorials.

User avatar
Northfield.Lenox
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:23 am

Re: What are your top 3 feature requests for Mixcraft 9?

Postby Northfield.Lenox » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:21 am

[1] Was going to ask for the ability to open an instrument or effect directly from the track without going through the menu - but realized you can use the right mouse button . . . [Should probably go back and review some of the Mixcraft University videos!]

[2] Ability to record audio from a virtual instrument track, directly into an audio track. I have a couple of instruments that have parameters I can't automate and this would help.

[3] Some sort of visual alert to let me know I have a cup of coffee on the go. Should be self explanatory.

A comment about posts related to the visual appearance of Mixcraft. (Skins, wood paneling, etc.) I think most of the feedback is that performance should always be the primary focus. I would agree, but for me, and I'm sure some others, everything I produce uses virtual instruments and samples. If I'm doing anything related to making music, I'm working in Mixcraft. So, I tend to think of it as an instrument, and it's appearance is quite important. That said, I would not recommend many changes as the current GUI is clean, easy to use and visually appealing.

Thanks Acoustica!

Guaresneider
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:37 pm

Re: What are your top 3 feature requests for Mixcraft 9?

Postby Guaresneider » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:58 pm

Northfield.Lenox wrote:[1] Was going to ask for the ability to open an instrument or effect directly from the track without going through the menu - but realized you can use the right mouse button . . . [Should probably go back and review some of the Mixcraft University videos!]

[2] Ability to record audio from a virtual instrument track, directly into an audio track. I have a couple of instruments that have parameters I can't automate and this would help.

[3] Some sort of visual alert to let me know I have a cup of coffee on the go. Should be self explanatory.

A comment about posts related to the visual appearance of Mixcraft. (Skins, wood paneling, etc.) I think most of the feedback is that performance should always be the primary focus. I would agree, but for me, and I'm sure some others, everything I produce uses virtual instruments and samples. If I'm doing anything related to making music, I'm working in Mixcraft. So, I tend to think of it as an instrument, and it's appearance is quite important. That said, I would not recommend many changes as the current GUI is clean, easy to use and visually appealing.

Thanks Acoustica!




:idea:

Many users think and know that the appearance of Mixcraft 8 is delayed in relation to many other Daw and that makes many users do not consider Mixcraft as a professional tool of musical work. Obviously there are others who are not interested in that aspect of the product. I think that a balance between benefits and visually professional would be a fair combination for those who have paid for the product.

We are in a visual era and that attracts a lot, nobody would go to buy a 2000 year phone now, and it would not do it simply because of what they looked like, visually speaking. The same applies to an application or software, if it is visually appealing and with professional features it is a desirable product.

Mixcraft has interesting features and an excellent work-flow, but it lacks that final touch of visual refinement, at least until this version 8, greetings.

User avatar
jlouvar
Posts: 835
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:56 pm
Location: California - USA

Re: What are your top 3 feature requests for Mixcraft 9?

Postby jlouvar » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:25 pm

FWIW: I like the way MX8 visually looks. 8) :D
- Joe -
MX 8.1 Pro, Build 418, 64-bit. i5, 1.80GHz, 8GB, Windows 10. Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, Event and PreSonus monitors, Sony MDR-7506, Korg TR61, Akai MPK249, Fender P & J basses, Ric, Strat, D35, stomp boxes and a lot of microphones, etc.

bigaquarium
Posts: 428
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:21 am

Re: What are your top 3 feature requests for Mixcraft 9?

Postby bigaquarium » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:50 pm

Evening,

Having tried just about everything out there for my YT channel, MC is doing just fine in the interface department from here.

If anything, maybe some of the individual elements could be tweaked and made more uniform/distinctive in appearance like the fader/meters, pan sliders, the blue window tops, and the stock windows style checkboxes, radio buttons, etc... But the whole color scheme of grays and gradients is very easy on the eyes if you’re spending all day on a project. Looking at a completely flat interface with no shading all day would be like listening to a raw sawtooth wave all day.

-N

Nugemusic
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:46 am
Contact:

Re: What are your top 3 feature requests for Mixcraft 9?

Postby Nugemusic » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:52 am

I Would love to See "groups" to optimize Work Area Clutter

User avatar
Acoustica Greg
Posts: 19222
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:30 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: What are your top 3 feature requests for Mixcraft 9?

Postby Acoustica Greg » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:28 am

Nugemusic wrote:I Would love to See "groups" to optimize Work Area Clutter


Hi,

Do you know about submix tracks?

Greg
Mixcraft 8 - The Musician's DAW
Give it a try here: http://acoustica.com/mixcraft/
Check out our Mixcraft University video tutorials.

User avatar
Rolling Estonian
Posts: 1296
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:42 am
Location: MD/DC

Re: What are your top 3 feature requests for Mixcraft 9?

Postby Rolling Estonian » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:54 am

It's been a few months.......

Mouse wheel scroll control (the mouse wheel will control sliders and knobs when mouse pointer is above the knob or slider area) Almost every third party vst has this and it's as common as it is super convenient.

Thanks!

M

User avatar
Ian Craig
Posts: 805
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:15 pm
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland, UK
Contact:

Re: What are your top 3 feature requests for Mixcraft 9?

Postby Ian Craig » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:46 am

Hi,
If there is some way of making send tracks output available as an audio source that could be sent to other send tracks that would be great
...
Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio Build 418 (64bit)
AMD Ryzen Core 3.0 GHz,
2TB SSD etc, 40GB RAM,
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 (1st Gen, USB2).

bigaquarium
Posts: 428
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:21 am

Re: What are your top 3 feature requests for Mixcraft 9?

Postby bigaquarium » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:44 am

Ian Craig wrote:Hi,
If there is some way of making send tracks output available as an audio source that could be sent to other send tracks that would be great


Planning on doing some feedbacking? :)

-N

guitbuddy
Posts: 150
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:44 pm

Re: What are your top 3 feature requests for Mixcraft 9?

Postby guitbuddy » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:51 pm

TOP THREE

1. More [user programmable] SHORTCUTS. Like I hate trying to size the video screen, cause
it's so clumsy. Shortcuts you can program to perform your various functions.

2. LARGER WINDOWS where used. I hate scrolling through tiny windows for various functions. Thats so ancient, Windows ME, circa year 1999.

3 TYPE IN SEARCHES. Forget scrolling through lists. that's ancient. Type in what
your searching for.

THANKS

User avatar
Acoustica Greg
Posts: 19222
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:30 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: What are your top 3 feature requests for Mixcraft 9?

Postby Acoustica Greg » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:07 am

guitbuddy wrote:3 TYPE IN SEARCHES. Forget scrolling through lists. that's ancient. Type in what
your searching for.


You can already search for effects, virtual instruments and sounds. What do you want to search for?
Mixcraft 8 - The Musician's DAW
Give it a try here: http://acoustica.com/mixcraft/
Check out our Mixcraft University video tutorials.

bigaquarium
Posts: 428
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:21 am

Re: What are your top 3 feature requests for Mixcraft 9?

Postby bigaquarium » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:53 am

Afternoon,

As an extension to the suggestion for pickup notes and tags on looped MIDI clips, the option to play notes through the repeat would be awesome, say a half note on 4 not getting truncated when the clip repeats. Right now I just use an additional lane to bridge loop repeats but the above function would be more user friendly. I haven’t encountered a DAW that does it gracefully so MC could be the first!


-N

jwarv
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:20 pm

Re: What are your top 3 feature requests for Mixcraft 9?

Postby jwarv » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:16 am

One more for the pile.

It would be nice to have a shortcut feature when selecting a quiet section on a clip that allows one to right click and choose "mute". I realize I could use automation, but when you're doing a bunch of sections it would be much easier than setting all those points and dropping the volume line for each one.

"I'm just a lazy boy. Lazy like glue." (Paul Anka's lazy, younger brother)

bigaquarium
Posts: 428
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:21 am

Re: What are your top 3 feature requests for Mixcraft 9?

Postby bigaquarium » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:16 pm

jwarv wrote:It would be nice to have a shortcut feature when selecting a quiet section on a clip that allows one to right click and choose "mute".


Oooo nice! :D +1

-N


Return to “Mixcraft”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 38 guests