Acoustica - Software should be easy to use

Pressing Record resets ARM on Audio track

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Dan, Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric

knowlesk99

Pressing Record resets ARM on Audio track

Postby knowlesk99 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:20 am

I have an intermittent problem recording my guitar through a Behringer UMC404 USB interface.
It usually works pretty good once recording starts.
However, the ARM button on the track resets about 3 out of 4 times when I hit record.
To recover, I have to hit STOP, go back to the beginning of the track, click the ARM button twice to dis-arm and re-ARM, then hit RECORD again. I monitor the audio coming in, and I've found that if I start strumming the guitar just before I hit the record button, the sound comes through if it's going to start recording successfully; however, about 75% of the time it keeps recording but no sound comes through.
So I just have to keep going through this process over and over until recording starts successfully.
Has anybody else encountered this? Have any suggestions?

jlouvar

Re: Pressing Record resets ARM on Audio track

Postby jlouvar » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:44 am

knowlesk99 wrote:I have an intermittent problem recording my guitar through a Behringer UMC404 USB interface.
It usually works pretty good once recording starts.
However, the ARM button on the track resets about 3 out of 4 times when I hit record.
To recover, I have to hit STOP, go back to the beginning of the track, click the ARM button twice to dis-arm and re-ARM, then hit RECORD again. I monitor the audio coming in, and I've found that if I start strumming the guitar just before I hit the record button, the sound comes through if it's going to start recording successfully; however, about 75% of the time it keeps recording but no sound comes through.
So I just have to keep going through this process over and over until recording starts successfully.
Has anybody else encountered this? Have any suggestions?

Hello and welcome to the Mixcraft forum.

Hmm, does it happen if you're not using any plugins and don't have any other tracks added to the project except one audio track that you're trying to record guitar too?
- Joe -
MX 8.1 Pro, Build 418, 64-bit. i5, 1.80GHz, 8GB, Windows 10. Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, Event and PreSonus monitors, Sony MDR-7506, Korg TR61, Akai MPK249, Fender P & J basses, Ric, Strat, D35, stomp boxes and a lot of microphones, etc.

knowlesk99

Postby knowlesk99 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:50 am

Thanks, jlouvar - I'll try that tonight.

Acoustica Greg

Postby Acoustica Greg » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:52 am

knowlesk99 wrote:I have an intermittent problem recording my guitar through a Behringer UMC404 USB interface.

Hi,

Are you using ASiO mode in Mixcraft's sound device preferences? If not, try that.

Also make sure to go to Behringer's web page to download and install the latest audio driver: Behringer downloads.

Greg
Mixcraft 8 - The Musician's DAW
Give it a try here: http://acoustica.com/mixcraft/
Check out our Mixcraft University video tutorials.

jlouvar

Postby jlouvar » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:17 pm

You're very welcome.
- Joe -
MX 8.1 Pro, Build 418, 64-bit. i5, 1.80GHz, 8GB, Windows 10. Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, Event and PreSonus monitors, Sony MDR-7506, Korg TR61, Akai MPK249, Fender P & J basses, Ric, Strat, D35, stomp boxes and a lot of microphones, etc.

Return to “Mixcraft”