Acoustica - Software should be easy to use

What Key Is This In? BPM Change, and Quantize (3 questions)

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Dan, Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric

FoxyVibe

What Key Is This In? BPM Change, and Quantize (3 questions)

Postby FoxyVibe » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:34 am

Hi everyone! I am kind of new also, and could not find this anywhere on the board (sorry if it is here and I missed it)....When I open a loop or play a melody, how do I match/find what key it is "in" (I do not read music) so I can add pieces that are in the same key and will sound compatible, please. Some of the chord generation VSTs I use sound great, but I have no clue what key they are playing, if that makes sense? Also, can I change the BPM of each track to be the same, and if so how???? I tried changing it while I loaded it at the bottom of mixcraft, but it did not change. And one more...what is "Quantize" and what does it do/why would I want to do this? THANK YOU so much... :D

jlouvar

Re: What Key Is This In? BPM Change, and Quantize (3 questions)

Postby jlouvar » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:04 pm

FoxyVibe wrote:Hi everyone! I am kind of new also, and could not find this anywhere on the board (sorry if it is here and I missed it)....When I open a loop or play a melody, how do I match/find what key it is "in" (I do not read music) so I can add pieces that are in the same key and will sound compatible, please. Some of the chord generation VSTs I use sound great, but I have no clue what key they are playing, if that makes sense? Also, can I change the BPM of each track to be the same, and if so how???? I tried changing it while I loaded it at the bottom of mixcraft, but it did not change. And one more...what is "Quantize" and what does it do/why would I want to do this? THANK YOU so much... :D

Hello and welcome to the Mixcraft forum.

I find the key by ear (learned from years of playing along with records). When you open a new project, if you have Auto Beatmatch turned on (checked), Mixcraft will automatically detect the BPM and each track should have the option to match the first track (you can also make changes with markers). See page 63 in the manual for Quantize info (On the top of MX8 click Help, then Help File to find manual).
Attachments
101b.jpg
101b.jpg (80.03 KiB) Viewed 188 times
- Joe -
MX 8.1 Pro, Build 418, 64-bit. i5, 1.80GHz, 8GB, Windows 10. Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, Event and PreSonus monitors, Sony MDR-7506, Korg TR61, Akai MPK249, Fender P & J basses, Ric, Strat, D35, stomp boxes and a lot of microphones, etc.

Return to “Mixcraft”