Acoustica - Software should be easy to use

acoustica instruments sub mix

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Dan, Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric

Serpax

acoustica instruments sub mix

Postby Serpax » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:02 am

Hi everybody,

I have a question. How can we create a submix on Acoustica instruments?
For example, I didn't find how to separate the drum parts from the different kits included in Mixcraft.
If I use Addictive drums for example, no problem, I will have the "+" that allows me to have sub-tracks but nothing on Acoustica instruments? For drums, it's a little incredible, isn't it?

Anorax

Re: acoustica instruments sub mix

Postby Anorax » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:09 pm

The Acoustica Instruments instrument is not a instrument with multiple outputs, and Mixcraft does not currently have a way to have multiple instruments on one channel have separate outputs. In Mixcraft 8, your best bet would to have one channel be a MIDI master track, and then send MIDI to multiple tracks that will function as each individual drum's mixing bus. In the screenshot I've attached, the Drum Master channel is sending MIDI to each channel in the Drum Submix, and then each channel in the submix has a Power Drums instrument loaded, with each one filtered to a certain MIDI range (e.g. the kick will only receive C2, the Snare will only play D2-E2, etc.). This MIDI filtering could happen at the MIDI Master track, but I didn't think of that until after I took the screenshot... :?

It's not an elegant solution by any definition, but it's one of the only solutions you currently have with Mixcraft 8. I suggest popping into the Mixcraft 9 Top 3 Feature Requests thread and mentioning having Acoustica Instruments as a multiple-output instrument; I think it's actually a really good idea—I've just already filled out my top 3 so I'm all out of further requests! :lol:
Attachments
2019-09-15.png
2019-09-15.png (149.32 KiB) Viewed 234 times

outteh

Postby outteh » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:30 pm

Another approach is to create separate tracks for drums and use different sets and instrument sets for each type of drum (just as Anorax suggested but create actual tracks). You can then put them into a submix if you want. This is what many folks do with premade drum midi tracks. They separate out each instrument into different tracks and then tweak the individual tracks. :D

Rolling Estonian

Postby Rolling Estonian » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:01 pm

In EZD2 and I'm assuming SD, there's a master track with child tracks that are individual drums.

M

Acoustica Greg

Postby Acoustica Greg » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:48 pm

Hi,

Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio has 8 Out Omni Sampler, which allows you to have 8 outs (via the little + sign).

But we don't have multiple outs for Acoustica Instruments or Acoustica Studio Drums at this time.

Greg
Mixcraft 8 - The Musician's DAW
Give it a try here: http://acoustica.com/mixcraft/
Check out our Mixcraft University video tutorials.

Return to “Mixcraft”