It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:48 pm 

First of all, I am operating MC4 on a PC and using an Alesis Multimix 8 USB and a Fender Mustang III through USB. I am having two issues:

1. Under the Preferences>Sound Device I am able to select either Wave or ASIO. When I select wave, I have to select my input and output devices. When I hit those drop down menus, it gives me the option of Realtek AC97 Audio, USB Audio Codec (the Alesis) or Fender Mustang (through USB). However, when I record under wave, I have latency issues, obviously. So then I select ASIO instead, and my options for input and output devices is Realtek 97 Audio and nothing else. Where did my USB devices go? Can you not use ASIO with USB devices? Any advice on this?

2. When I do select Wave and then either of my USB devices for input, I have a very weak input level. For example, I have my Mustang amp cranked to 10 and running into MC through USB, and my signal that actually records is super weak. I thought it might be a gain issue (shouldn't be) so I ran the Mustang line out to a channel on the Multimix (which was connected via USB to MC) and cranked the gain. Still the same weak signal. What gives?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:28 am 

Hi,

The ASIO driver is generally provided by the hardware manufacturer. If your USB device doesn't supply its own ASIO driver, you can try using ASIO4All:
http://www.asio4all.com

Greg

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:15 pm 

Yes I have ASIO 4all and also a Fender ASIO that came with the amp. Neither help. Any thoughts?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:36 pm 

Hi,

What do you mean when you say you have Fender ASIO? Didn't you say that only Realtek AC97 was available? I assume that is with ASIO4All?

Try downloading and installing the latest AC97 audio codecs from Realtek: http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/

Greg

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:24 pm 

I just downloaded the most current Realtek AC97 update, and nothing changed. Worth a shot...

I downloaded a Fender ASIO that is on their website because it is for my amp, and ASIO4ALL doesn't let me do what I need to do.http://www.fender.com/support/articles/fender-mustang-audio-recording-and-playback.

Here is a screenshot of what I am looking at...

Attachment:
Screen.JPG
Screen.JPG [ 118.62 KiB | Viewed 2950 times ]

Circled in red are may options for ASIO Devices: ASIO4ALL and Fender Universal ASIO.

Above that are my Default Recording Device input and output options. See how it says "Realtek AC97 Audio 1/Realtek AC97 Audio 2" in both of them? When I have ASIO selected (4all OR Fender) these are the only options that it gives me for Default Recording Devices. Which means that I can't select my Mustang Amp as my default input device while the ASIO driver is selected. I need to know why that is. If I select "Realtek AC97 Audio 1/Realtek AC97 Audio 2" as my default input device, then when I go to arm my track to record, and click on the drop down tab on the ARM button, I can only select "Realtek AC97 Audio 1/Realtek AC97 Audio 2", which is not my amp.

Now if I select "Wave" as my driver, I can then select my amp, my mixer or Realtek as my input device. However, this is Wave, and not ASIO, which means I have monitoring issues. It will record this way, but I cannot monitor within the program because of the lag, so I have to just monitor from the amp with the backing tracks playing through the PC, which defeats the whole point. Also when I do this, the signal is super weak coming from the amp into MC. Any idea why? My USB mixer does the same thing...

Please look into this and help me figure out what to do. I just upgraded to MC5 by the way to see if that changed anything, and it didn't. Greg I tell everyone I know that plays, sings, records, whatever about Mixcraft because it is a fairly simple program to figure out and I like the quality and features a lot. I just can't get it to work for me, other than recording directly into the mic or line in inputs on my PC, which defeats the purpose of having USB devices. I really want this to work, and it's wearing me out. Please help me dude...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:25 pm 

Hi,

I would think that the Fender ASIO driver would give you the option of the Fender as a recording device. Are you plugged directly into your computer's USB port? If you're using a USB hub, try connecting directly to the computer. You can also try a different USB port. If you've got any USB devices that don't need to be connected right now, unplug them.

Greg

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:30 am 

Using ASIO with USB devices have never worked for me, even before I got the amp. It doesn't work with my Alesis USB mixer either. Also no USB hub...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:55 am 

Any help on this subject?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:26 am 

Hi,

Can you record the amp using any other software right now?

Have you tried contacting Fender support for your amp? Its ASIO drivers should give you access to it.

If you are plugged into USB ports in the front of your computer, you could try the ones in the back, or vice versa.

Greg

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:50 pm 

I can record the amp through USB, but only by selecting WAV. If I select ASIO, then my amp (or anything other than Realtek Audio) does not appear as an option under the drop down menu of the ARM button on the track. Basically the only way I can use ASIO is by going into my PC by way of the mic in or line in, which defeats the purpose of having USB-connected devices like my amp and mixer. Why is that?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:58 pm 

Hi,

That's the question you should ask Fender. Normally, the ASIO drivers for a USB device would provide you access to that device.

Greg

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:50 pm 

Greg, I am on MC 6 now, and I still have the same problem. Any thoughts?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:00 am 
Site Admin

It sounds like your computers motherboard usb is messed up. Try installing the fender driver and mixcraft on another computer and see if it works. If it still shows nothing, contact fender and see if they have a fix or at least an explanation as to why the driver won't provide an interface between your amp and windows operating system.

Eric On Facebook
Eric On Soundcloud
Eric On Reverbnation
Eric On A Giant chair ;-)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:00 am 

Hi,
Just jumping in on this - not read the complete thread. But have you selected ASIO4ALL
or Fender Universal ASIO and then opened the 'Open Mixer...' button. There you can normally
select the I/P and O/P sources. Each ASIO Device has its own mixer settings properties displayed
when this button is pressed.
Just a thought.
Stratattack.