Acoustica - Software should be easy to use

Beatcraft file flagged as trojan by AV program

Support and feedback for Beatcraft.

Moderators: Acoustica Dan, Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric

ratboy

Beatcraft file flagged as trojan by AV program

Postby ratboy » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:05 pm

Anybody have their "acufutls.dll" identified as a trojan by their antivirus software? I have Mcaffee and it flagged it as a trojan type :Artemis!46AB4C0DFF5D .

Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Postby Acoustica Eric » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:59 am

It's known as a false positive, the antivirus software is mistaken. You can specify to the AV product to ignore that file or you can report it to the AV company.

blaze591

McAffee Antivirus plus

Postby blaze591 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:37 am

I have the same issue, McAffee Antivirus plus is telling me ACUFUTLS.DLL is a trojan, keeps quarantining it and there is no method in this software to add this file as a trusted item. Major pain in the a**e.

Any way acoustica can contact McAffee and sort this out? I've have already submitted this as a false positive to Avert Labs.....

Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Postby Acoustica Eric » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:05 pm

Yes I downloaded and installed mcaffee's trial on one of my pc's, it is extremely limited in the option department, I could not get it to ignore the file. I also reported it to them and have yet to get an answer. The more of you who report the false positive to them, the faster they will fix their flaw.

guitarPLYR7

Mcafee flaggs beatcraft

Postby guitarPLYR7 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:09 am

I also have this problem.I just paid the money for beatcraft about 2 days ago and can`t use it.Mcafee flags it as Artemis Trojan!I can`t understand why Mcafee does not seem to work with so many programs. But does not give you the option to allow if it is safe.I understand that this is a security feature.But people that have paid for software they can`t use!Give us a break.I have let someone at Mcafee know.Hopefully it will be fixed soon. :evil:

Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Postby Acoustica Eric » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:53 am

I have reported it to them, multiple times. I sent them a copy of the file and the only response I get is that they sent the file to their "lab" for inspection.
I'll bring it to their attention yet again, hopefully they kick it into gear.

guitarPLYR7

Postby guitarPLYR7 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:21 pm

That would be great and i would appreciate it.I have already paid for the software but can`t install it because of this.I see that this has been a problem for over a month?I am also surprised that it has not been fixed yet since this software did`nt just come out a few months ago.Also noticed that if you type a search for that .dll refered to above that certain places list it as bad.Also as an extra piece of future info I ran the file through virustotal.Out of 43 scanners only 1 came up as suspicious.Funny thing was it was not Mcafee it was Panda.You may want to send them a call in also.

Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Postby Acoustica Eric » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:39 pm

Yes all antivirus companies have false positives here and there, but most take care of the issue right away, unlike what we have seen this time.
Also, some are much more prone to false positives than others. You could replace the AV software with something that doesn't tag good files as bad so often. Then you'd be able to use Beatcraft now.

guitarPLYR7

Postby guitarPLYR7 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:47 pm

Well i have some possible good news in the very near future.I spoke with a woman named Somer @ Mcafee & she was a ton of help!She entered my computer remotely and retrieved the file for analisis.She said that it would be gone through and checked out.She also said with a little luck i would be using my new version of beatcraft in the next day or so.She will get back to me soon and i will post the outcome for anyone that is waiting.She said she tried to get in touch but could`nt find a number or contact to speak with.I will keep everyone interested informed. :) GuitarPLYR7

Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Postby Acoustica Eric » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:07 pm

Wow, you must have a positive vibe or something! I could only get them to give me a page to submit the file.

guitarPLYR7

Postby guitarPLYR7 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:27 pm

Not sure!But I have been haven other problems with Mcafee.So the woman over there (Somer)was very helpful.She ROCKS!And hopefully i will be rocking soon too. :) The file was to large to send.She actually said she was trying to find a phone # to get in contact with whoever is in charge here.But she got what she needed of my computer.So now i wait.

Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Postby Acoustica Eric » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:19 am

I finally received an email from McAfee stating the acufutls.dll has been tested and no malware/virus found. Anyone using their product will no longer get the warnings.

guitarPLYR7

Postby guitarPLYR7 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:14 pm

yes it works!!!Anyone that has Mcafee security they have fixed the false possitive.I Just installed and it sounds great.What an incredible piece of software.Thanks Eric,I would not have known yet.As nobody let me know it was ok yet.

blaze591

Postby blaze591 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:32 am

Great, working here also. Looks like a few people submitting reports has had the effect.

Now, time to ROCK!!!!!!

GrizzKarizz

Postby GrizzKarizz » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:09 pm

The answer is easy. Don't use McAfee. Use G-Data. I've had no problems!!

Return to “Beatcraft”