Acoustica - Software should be easy to use

Before I buy PF

Support and feedback for Photos Forever.

Moderators: Acoustica Dan, Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric

LoomTheElf

Before I buy PF

Postby LoomTheElf » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:58 am

At a brief check, I have 125,000 files in 64.5 GB across six harddrives. Those are only the major photo folders I'd need to back up (Yes, I have backups of most of them already *grin*).

1. Have you done any testing with the massive amount of files I have? Do you know of any limitations the program would have on number of files or total bytes used?

2. Does PF keep track of those folders/photos I have backed up and when I run the program after initial backup only select any new photos since the previous backup? (I'm constantly adding photos and would like to at least perform the backup on a weekly basis, and don't want to have to manually select photos that haven't been backed up.)

3. Can it "print" the log file to a file rather than to a printer? (I'd be printing for half the rest of my life, and endangering the forest preserves of our country.)

4. Can I select the folders I want to back up rather than have PF do a "search and locate" for graphics files?

5. I read somewhere that this comes free with other programs, and since I already own Acoustica Label Maker and MP3/WAV/WMA converter, do I need to buy this or may I just download and install it? If so, do I need another registration number?

6. Can I have any more questions? :D (rhetorical)

Acoustica Greg

Postby Acoustica Greg » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:41 pm

Hi,

No, we haven't tested it with that many files, but I'm sure some of our customers have. The best thing to do is just give it a try. Download Acoustica Photos Forever here.

Yes, Photos Forever does keep track of which files you've backed up, so the next time you can just back up the new files.

We don't have a print to file option per se, but your printer driver probably has a print to file option that you can select.

Yes, you can select which folders you want to back up.

To check and see if you're elegible for a free registration, go to our lost codes page:
http://www.acoustica.com/cgi/getcodes.asp

Greg

KyTom

Postby KyTom » Mon May 07, 2007 7:53 pm

Don't buy it. It did....regret it. I have tried and tried and tried and tried and tried and tried and tried, well you get the idea....to burn photos to DVD. First, didn't recognize my external Sony DVD burner, swithced to IMAPI mode. Then, I have received a variety of error codes and nothing will burn. I even bought the more expensive Sony blank disc........Still, nothing but errror codes. .....IMAPI_INVALID_TYPE, IMAPI_E_GENERIC, CDLIB_CIMAPITOOLSCLASS:STARTDAOBURN. Those are jsut a few that I get more often. This software hasn't burned anything but my time.

gypsy101

Postby gypsy101 » Mon May 07, 2007 8:05 pm

well ya got vista or xp or the fact ya just got a lot of junk that clogs up yer puter.... i know these guys the programs but i also know - sounds like ya really got a lot of time & space saving junk- for me ( yeah i'm on vista & it's crap) but usually i get (even back to win98)50-100 photos- i burn a disc.

gypsy101

Postby gypsy101 » Mon May 07, 2007 8:11 pm

btw acoustica products may have a few issues- but the tech team & the company bends over freakin' backwards to fix the probs - the price is even cheaper than ya can expect & most of these issues is microsoft new os crap- go see my help site & ya will understand this is all a bill gates geekomatic-make him rich deal- not only do i not work here or make a buck from these people- i spend my off hours figgering out my problems & yours... beta is not just a chinese fighting fish .. it's a bottle of rum & ducttaped fireworks...

gypsy101

Postby gypsy101 » Mon May 07, 2007 8:14 pm

first off- 64.5 gb across 6 drives.. that may be yer prob to begin w/ ( are ya w/ nasa or what ) ???. resize & format yer photos down to around 200-300 kb jpg & burn to disc. & save yer puter space or upload to something like photobucket.com- then yer not wasting yer drive...

Acoustica Greg

Postby Acoustica Greg » Thu May 10, 2007 3:27 pm

Hi,

Don't forget you can always submit a support request and we'll help you troubleshoot it.

..and we do have a refund policy if all else fails.

Greg

Return to “Photos Forever”