It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:39 pm 

Hey Guyz, first Off let me say im used to using more sophisticated software(Pro-tools)(logic Pro) in professional Studios and all that.

as ive started working at home for a lil bit i needed software in which i was gunna just buy pro tools for PC. then i found mixcraft 5. (although i have FL Studio i dont really need Pro Tools)

i prefer Mixcraft over pro tools which for any of you pro musicians out there, thats sayin something

any way if you own FL Studio 9 XXL Producer Edition (sorry bout owning that before Mixcraft)
if you scan your PC for more VST Effects You will Pick Up alot of fl studio fx.
If you only use mixcraft i think you can just buy a pack Called the JUICE PACK by Image line which has some extra FX and buy Hardcore Buy Imageline Too if you record Guitar.

Mixcraft is very impressive and when my trial is up i will buy.

Much Love And Support

Emcee Sweb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:37 am 

Nice one mate, mixcraft is pretty awesome.

What style of music do you make?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:20 am 

hahaha cheers man,

I'm an australian hip hop artist.

although having said that i have mixed/produced 2 metal tracks, and 1 elctro house beat

i dont use the loops that came with MX5 which is a shame but itscause i keep my music original.

what about you man, what do you make??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:39 am 

tharealmcsweb wrote:
hahaha cheers man,

I'm an australian hip hop artist.

although having said that i have mixed/produced 2 metal tracks, and 1 elctro house beat

i dont use the loops that came with MX5 which is a shame but itscause i keep my music original.

what about you man, what do you make??

I also do hip hop. I've gone from acid pro to reaper to mixcraft. Still go back and forth a bit but so far I've found mixcraft the easiest to use so far. I'm looking forward to the new features they may add in mixcraft 6. I just picture them being easy to use since mc 5 is so nice to work with. I haven't completed a whole song using mc 5 yet, but I'm getting there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:01 pm 

[/quote]I also do hip hop. I've gone from acid pro to reaper to mixcraft. Still go back and forth a bit but so far I've found mixcraft the easiest to use so far. I'm looking forward to the new features they may add in mixcraft 6. I just picture them being easy to use since mc 5 is so nice to work with. I haven't completed a whole song using mc 5 yet, but I'm getting there.
Quote:

Thats a good thing you dumped acid, i hate it.

I make my beats throgh FL studio unlees im in a studio.
& mix vocals in mixcraft.

if you need help mixing or anything just private message me, im gunna be doing some tutorials on good software and tracks that im mixing so stay tuned.
also some vids on setting up a home studio.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:54 pm 

Emcee,

I just noticed this today. It might interest you, if you qualify. http://www.apra-amcos.com.au/news/allne ... ipHop.aspx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:21 am 

tharealmcsweb wrote:
I also do hip hop. I've gone from acid pro to reaper to mixcraft. Still go back and forth a bit but so far I've found mixcraft the easiest to use so far. I'm looking forward to the new features they may add in mixcraft 6. I just picture them being easy to use since mc 5 is so nice to work with. I haven't completed a whole song using mc 5 yet, but I'm getting there.
Quote:

Thats a good thing you dumped acid, i hate it.

I make my beats throgh FL studio unlees im in a studio.
& mix vocals in mixcraft.

if you need help mixing or anything just private message me, im gunna be doing some tutorials on good software and tracks that im mixing so stay tuned.
also some vids on setting up a home studio.
[/quote]

Cool. Thanks for the offer. :)
I still like acid (actually I stopped at acid pro 4. Never upgraded)
Reaper and mixcraft seem to work the best for me. I sometimes use fl studio to make beats and import to mixcraft, or make my beats in mixcraft using a vsti sampler or just draw the beats on the timeline. Not sure which I like better yet.

Looking forward to seeing your tutorials.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:19 pm 

It's interesting to see the different "approaches" to DAW. There are a lot of good choices in all price ranges. And bad ones too. Mixcraft seemed to be the easiest for me to jump in and use; coming from a less midi/more audio background. Mixcraft is good for quick-and-dirty/meatball audio production; it gives good results easily without a lot of fuss. I haven't used or even tried them all, but I remember the 16 bit destructive editor that came with Turtle Beach Monterey (whose name escapes me); lots of features, including a time compress that was nasty and took quite a while on a 486/33; to the order of "let's go to lunch while this works on this 30 second spot". But what a day when I found SAW for $399.00. I used that for about 10 years. And it couldn't do what Mixcraft does. But it was fast on that 486, and the P3 Celeron that replaced it. Anyone remember Media Vision Pro Audio Spectrum 16?

/thanks for letting me babble
/my posts always devolve into old war stories
/don't get many visitors in the rest home
/here comes Nurse Ratched with lunch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:36 am 

hey man, all good about the babble, i get like that

im gunna be honest with you, no DAW has everything. (my apologies to mixcraft) but its true. ive been in more studios to than metres to the moon and back, so ive used alot of software.

(Cubase does what pro tools does but you cant master in cubase), just for example.

every DAW has its key functions that others dont.

i personally like mixcraft cause its like $75 and has a range of virtual instruments in it.

But for making beats. (i actually really feel slack saying this, but think of this as a tip for mixcraft) i actualy use FL studio.

Its just more comfortable.

But im notsaying its all i use. i have made beats from scratch using mixcraft.

i really like mixcraft nad i really spread the word about it. it just needs alot of extra plugins built into it.

like a sampler E G. direct wave.

but if your deejaying use abelton.

mixcraft is excellent software, i have a mic at home and it really boosts the quality of it.

and mixcraft has got a built in mixer (which saves a fortune if you need the basics of a mixer)

picking a daw is a personal joice, you cant really be told what one to use. i like MX5 so i use MX5.

what i sugest is download some trails and make up your mind.

cheers big fella.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:01 am 

Some good stuff in this thread.

I think a while back the Acoustica guys said that they had in mind a Drum plugin for MC6, that + drum maps for the MIDI editor would solve the problem for most people.

I go between using Mixcraft & FL as well, it really depends on my mood. I'd love to do everything inside of Mixcraft but the need for a step sequencer + looped recording stops me.

That said I did recently buy FXpansion Geist which has solved my beat making problem in Mixcraft, though I have noticed that the Giest interface is quite chuggy in Mixcraft but smoother in other sequencers I use (might put through a bug report for this one)

But if Burial can make some of the most amazing music I've ever heard in something like Sound Forge it just proves that having the right skills set, practicing hard and not giving up is more important than having the latest whiz bang feature set.

My 2c.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:52 am 

Bill Melater wrote:
It's interesting to see the different "approaches" to DAW. There are a lot of good choices in all price ranges. And bad ones too. Mixcraft seemed to be the easiest for me to jump in and use; coming from a less midi/more audio background. Mixcraft is good for quick-and-dirty/meatball audio production; it gives good results easily without a lot of fuss. I haven't used or even tried them all, but I remember the 16 bit destructive editor that came with Turtle Beach Monterey (whose name escapes me); lots of features, including a time compress that was nasty and took quite a while on a 486/33; to the order of "let's go to lunch while this works on this 30 second spot". But what a day when I found SAW for $399.00. I used that for about 10 years. And it couldn't do what Mixcraft does. But it was fast on that 486, and the P3 Celeron that replaced it. Anyone remember Media Vision Pro Audio Spectrum 16?

/thanks for letting me babble
/my posts always devolve into old war stories
/don't get many visitors in the rest home
/here comes Nurse Ratched with lunch

My own little babble :lol:
IÔÇÖm more of a hobbyist than pro.
Back when I was a little more serious about getting In the music industry, I used a small Gemini DJ sampler to create loops, and record them into a 4 track tascam. Create a drum loop and sync them up and record. When I got the basics done, bring them into my friendÔÇÖs studio and re create the whole thing on his Akai sampler and play everything on his midi keyboard onto a reel to reel tape. Then he upgraded to Adat and later to Cubase. Those were my first experiences with recording software back in 1990. I had no idea of what we were doing because he set everything up. I knew nothing of midi. I just created the loops on his turntable and created some drum patterns using his keyboard and sampler.

I didnÔÇÖt really understand the whole process until playing with vstiÔÇÖs more recently (somewhere around 2003 or 2004). It just makes so much more sense when you do it yourself rather than have the engineer do it for you when just creating the music (not talking about mixing. I still need an engineer for that :roll: ). But using software like Mixcraft or even Reason has given me ideas that back in the days, I couldnÔÇÖt do because I couldnÔÇÖt afford the equipment or the studio time.

Plus itÔÇÖs easy to use. I donÔÇÖt have to get too technical with it in order to make music. A few features I wish it did have, and I hope they implement in version 6, but I can still use it for what I need it to do.

Babbling over
Thanks. I'm not that old, but when I see the new artist and how easy they have it technology wise, I feel it
:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:09 am 

Quote:
go between using Mixcraft & FL as well, it really depends on my mood. I'd love to do everything inside of Mixcraft but the need for a step sequencer + looped recording stops me.

hahah yah thats exactly what i mean about fl studio. beat craft is a step sequencer but im not to sure if it can be loaded as a VSTi.

plus another good thing about fl is the piano roll. its so much better.
but in the same aspect fl studio is as hard as a mother f#cker to figure out if you dont watch tutorials on you tube.

a good thing about mixcraft is that it looks goodand its easy to use.

oh and to correct my self about the whole MX5 needing a sampler.
i found one its called KONTAKT.

Peace