Acoustica - Software should be easy to use

E-MU 0404 PCIe ?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

kr236rk

E-MU 0404 PCIe ?

Postby kr236rk » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:18 pm

Hi,

Have been using M-Audio USB interfaces with MixCraft for some time with some okay results, but I am getting fed up with having to set this interface manually - one of these is outside my vocal booth so getting a new balance on it can present severe problems in the middle of a project.

So I'm wondering, if I get an all-in-one interface as a PCI card, like the E-MU 0404 PCIe, can I control all my levels through my pc monitor? - that sure would help. That would also keep the interface together with the pc and away from electric guitar cables and microphones / EMI headaches :-o

Was interested in the M-Audio Delta break-out boxes but the Delta series looks as if it is being withdrawn?

Thanks,

Ric

Acoustica Greg

Re: E-MU 0404 PCIe ?

Postby Acoustica Greg » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:16 pm

Hi,

I haven't had any feedback on the E-MU 0404 PCIe in particular, but in theory something like that should work just fine. People have all sorts of trouble with USB ports. Acoustica Eric uses some M-Audio Delta cards and they work well for him. So many people have laptops these days, PCI audio interfaces might be getting scarcer.

Greg

kr236rk

Postby kr236rk » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:36 pm

Acoustica Greg wrote:...haven't had any feedback on the E-MU 0404 PCIe in particular, but in theory something like that should work just fine. People have all sorts of trouble with USB ports. Acoustica Eric uses some M-Audio Delta cards and they work well for him. So many people have laptops these days, PCI audio interfaces might be getting scarcer.

Thanks Greg,

I'm a fan of USB interfaces but I suffer with EMI so need to keep these babies away from my workstation. I was laying down a track the other day then suddenly lost the balance I needed for the phones / incoming audio, which meant dumping everything and running round to the interface. At that point I realised I needed to do something drastic, like review the entire interface set up.

If I can get the thumbs up for the 0404 I might try one before they all disappear, if I can get confirmation that I can control its levels through my desktop, it would make recording so much easier. It's a shame it only has two 1/4" ins though, I could do with twice that number. Can't have everything I suppose.

Bests,

Ric

kr236rk

Postby kr236rk » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:35 pm

A main concern though is am I going to be able to live mix / dub into recorded tracks to build up an audio project, like I can with USB FastTrack?

I can do this in Audacity for example, double & multiple track. It's the 'mix' level on FT which is crucial, and is such a pain to re-set off the pc at times.

kr236rk

Postby kr236rk » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:20 am

EMU a no-no - has wrong PCIe bracket for my pc. But I saw this:

http://psychogeek.wordpress.com/2009/10/28/esi-ugm96-review/

USB but levels controlled through the computer. So am looking at this.

Return to “Mixcraft”