It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:06 am 

Hi,
I am using a cheap electronic drum set as a midi controller for Acoustica Studio Drums. For whatever reason, the midi hits are coming out wrong. In other words, when I hit the snare on the drums, it's hitting the hihat or side stick. How do I change the voice assignments so that they are triggering the correct sound?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:24 pm 

Hi,

Acoustica Studio Drums uses General MIDI mapping, which is standard. Most electronic drum kits use General MIDI, but it is possible that you've changed a setting that remapped you kit a bit. What kind of electronic drum kit do you have?

Greg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:07 am 

He he, just a cheapo Yamaha DD55 desktop kit. I've restarted it and gone throughout the midi section of the manual
to no avail.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:56 am 

Greg, Im also interested in knowing how to reassign sounds.

For instance, I use a cheap Session Pro DD505 electric kit which I use with EZdrummer in Mixcraft. However I'd like to change the ride to another crash cymbal, is this possible?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:18 am 

Greg, I wanted to mention also that I am also having trouble with all the notes I strike being registered in Mixcraft. I adjusted the duration of the notes in the midi editor as I have read in other posts about midi drums, and I am hearing most of them, but I think I am somehow dropping like about a quarter of them. I don't know if there is anything I can do on the Mixcraft side to adjust for that.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:18 pm 

skowog,

The manual for your Yamaha describes how to assign a MIDI channel and MIDI note for each pad.

Download the DD-55 manual from its support page.

Figure out which MIDI note you want to map to which pad from this handy chart that shows general MIDI mapping for drums.

Jaymzzb, the same goes for you. Figure out how to assign MIDI notes for your drum kit and then you can do anything you want.

Greg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:26 pm 

Greg thanks for the GM Standard Drum Map, that was the missing piece of the puzzle! Any thoughts ion the sensitivity problem?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:30 pm 

Hi,

Oh, right. You can use the quantize feature to adjust the duration of the notes. Check out Vibrant Audio's reply in this old thread.

Greg