It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: AlphaTrack anyone?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:13 pm 

Hello,

I've been thinking about buying the Frontier AlphaTrack..
..but can't find anything about it being supported by Mixcraft 6.

I want to buy both but can't find any info.

Could anyone advise?

Thanks! :)

(This is the AlphaTrack - http://www.frontierdesign.com/Products/ ... troduction)

Post subject: Re: AlphaTrack anyone?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:27 pm 

Hi,

Haven't heard of that controller before. If it sends standard MIDI control surface commands, it should work, but I haven't had any feedback from customers on this one, and their web page doesn't seem to get into what kind of control surface protocol they use.

You might try contacting them to see if they've tried it with Mixcraft. They can download Mixcraft and give it a try if they haven't already.

I did just find out that the Presonus Faderport does not work with Mixcraft. It could work, but it requires the DAW to switch it to the appropriate mode, and Mixcraft doesn't have an option to do that.

Greg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:18 pm 

Acoustica Greg wrote:
I did just find out that the Presonus Faderport does not work with Mixcraft. It could work, but it requires the DAW to switch it to the appropriate mode, and Mixcraft doesn't have an option to do that.

Greg

crap... I just bought one of these because I thought it would work with Mixcraft. Do you think there will be an update that allows Mixcraft to switch it into the appropriate mode, or should I take this thing back for a refund?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:48 pm 

Hi,

We don't have a fix for this the works at the moment, but it's logged as a feature request. I'm guessing it would be a Mixcraft 7 thing and that would be a year or more away.

For product update news, click "Like" on Mixcraft's Facebook page or sign up for the Acoustica Newsletter.

Greg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:06 pm 

I thought the PreSonus looked great with that long tall fader. Just got a Korg Nano and it works fine but the faders are crap. Way too short

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:09 pm 

Might be obsolete:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/AlphaTrack/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:01 pm 

Acoustica Greg wrote:
Hi,

We don't have a fix for this the works at the moment, but it's logged as a feature request. I'm guessing it would be a Mixcraft 7 thing and that would be a year or more away.

For product update news, click "Like" on Mixcraft's Facebook page or sign up for the Acoustica Newsletter.

Greg

thanks for the quick response Greg. I'm signed up to all the lists and facebook groups and such. Loyal mixcraft user since version 4 here!

I did some more research on the faderport, and I am at least able to get all of the transport and other buttons assigned (mute/solo/rec, etc) and working by switching the PreSonus into the other mode manually, following these directions.

http://support.presonus.com/entries/118 ... leton-live

so it's not a complete loss... no fader and panning fun, but at least i can press some buttons to record instead of clicking the mouse. LOL!