It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:41 am 

I've been using the VST Native Instruments Massive 1.1.5, I also had a few older versions still installed on my computer. I save a lot of my presets internally into Mixcraft [although I've always had the option to save them inside Massive itself, but hadn't gotten around to it]. So I was trying out this other DAW to see if I could achieve a certain effect on it, and I had moved a the Massive file from my VST subfolder in the Acoustica Mixcraft folder [located in Program Files {x86}], to the VST main folder, also located in Program Files {x86}. Now for some reason, even though I rescan my VSTs and all that jazz, for some reason Mixcraft is only reading an older version of Massive [which lacks certain features of my new version] so when I open up a preset on Mixcraft that I had saved on the new Massive, it just plays the default tone for Massive. I just want to know if there's anywhere on my computer that my Mixcraft presets are saved, and if not, do you think if I uninstalled all of my Massive copies and just reinstalled only the new one, that when I load it back up on Mixcraft, the old sounds will come back and play again?

Thanks for your help!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:31 pm 

Hi,

Your presets are stored in your appdata folder:

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\FX

You can highlight that path name, then copy and paste it into the Windows explorer location box to find the folder. Press [Windows]+E to bring up Windows explorer (not to be confused with Internet Explorer).

Look at the dates of the preset files to get a clue as to which ones might be the ones you're looking for.

Uninstalling the old versions of Massive and installing the new version sounds like a good plan.

Greg

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:28 pm 

I looked at the dates, the most recent one is from 2007. I use this program regularly.
If I do delete all instances of Massive, will my Mixcraft presets be gone?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:48 pm 

Just deleted all instances of Massive and reinstalled the new one, for some reason Mixcraft is still only reading the old version, and now it freezes every time. HALP

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:53 pm 

Hi,

Which VST folder did you install the new version into?

Send us your mixcraft-log.txt file, which is located in this folder:

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft

Another way to find it is to click on the Windows Start Menu, select All Programs, then Acoustica Mixcraft 6 (or 5) and finally Logs. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Here's a short video: Mixcraft Mini-Tip: How To Find Your Mixcraft Log File

Greg

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:57 pm 

That's the problem, I'm not sure. I've narrowed down the list based on going to File>Preferences>Edit Vst Folders. This happened a few days ago, but I will send you the log.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:00 pm 

Hi,

The log file will show where Mixcraft is finding the plugin. You can look at it yourself and see if that gives you a clue.

Greg