It is currently Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:14 am 

Hello. I just recently purchased Mixcraft 6 and I am new to recording in general. My question is in regards to the names of the audio tracks when saved or using the "Copy Project Files To" option.

In the main recording window over on the left near the input volume slider and pic I have named each track appropriate to what they are. For example "Intro", Rhythm Idea" etc. Also on the "Sound" tab near the bottom when click on a recorded clip I have named the clip. When saving, the individual tracks are still saved as 01 Audio Track, 03 Audio Track etc. Is there a way to have it saved with the name given without having to mix down each track individually, renaming them and importing them into a new project?
Appreciate any help.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:26 pm 

Hi,

When you give a unique name to each track, it changes the name of the audio files that are created in your recording folder. So, instead of "Audio Track7.wav," it might be called "Rhythm Idea7.wav."

If you want to change the track names of the files you mix down, you can edit the track markers and enter the names in the Title box. Note: every Mixcraft project has a track marker all the way to the left. Add a title to that one for track 1.

When you go to mix down, there is a "Use Marker Title" option to select. Also, click on the Tag Info button to add any ID3 tags you want in your audio file.

But looking at this, you helped me find a bug in Mixcraft 6.1 build 204. The "Use Marker Titles" option is grayed out unless I select "Mix Each Track To A Separate Track" and then un-select it. I will file a bug report on this problem. What version and build of Mixcraft are you using?

Greg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:52 pm 

"What version and build of Mixcraft are you using?"
Version 6.1 Build 204

As far as the tracks saving with the correct name it appears random. For example a couple tracks did take an alternate name like Bass idea1.wav, but not all of them. I have 4 guitar rhythm idea tracks, a couple intro idea tracks, and a few other tracks. Of the 15 tracks i have in the project only 5 of them saved with a name similar to what I named them in the project. The rest are named something like 07 Audio Track-5. Maybe I'm doing it wrong i don't know.
Appreciate the help.