It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:23 pm 

Hello,

I was wondering if you could help me, I've had a look at the manual to see if it can help me do what I'm wanting to do with Mixcraft but I'm not sure if I'm looking at the right thing...my situation is this:

I have the sessions and audio wavs for some recordings I did in a studio, and we recorded live without a click/metronome.

What I'm wanting to do is put the audio wavs onto mixcraft, and then adjust the drums and vocals etc (and any parts I want to keep) so that they are in time or "on the grid"...so that I can take parts off and add parts that are arpeggio parts or drum machine parts...to remix.

Is this possible with Mixcraft? How do I go about it? From the manual it seems there is a function called "Flexiaudio" which might do it however that looks more like it stretches out stuff that is already in time, rather than cleaning up human discrepancies which is what I want to do. I could be wrong though.

Does anyone know the answer? Your help would be much appreciated!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:50 pm 

Hi!

If they were recorded live and without a metronome chances are the timing may "drift" a bit. But (hopefully) you all started at the same time and stayed in time for the duration of the song.

Have you tried setting "beats" (as opposed to time) and then make sure "snap to measure" is set. You should then be able to drag each track to a common starting point.

Hope this helps!

Attachments:
pic.jpg
pic.jpg [ 66.25 KiB | Viewed 431 times ]

Trevor

My music is here

Official OFC™ Member

When I listen, I forget. When I see, I remember. When I do, I understand. Confucius
I started out with nothing - and still have most of it left! - Seasick Steve