It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mixcraft 6 will not load
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:25 pm 

About halfway through startup mixcraft freezes and cannot open- Any solutions?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:56 pm 

Hi,

What version and build are you using? If you don't already have Mixcraft version 6.1 build 204, give it a try. It's on Mixcraft's download page.

If the problem happens again with the latest build, quit Mixcraft immediately and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file, which is located in this folder:

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft

Another way to find it is to click on the Windows Start Menu, select All Programs, then Acoustica Mixcraft 6 (or 5) and finally Logs. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Here's a short video: Mixcraft Mini-Tip: How To Find Your Mixcraft Log File

Greg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:21 pm 

I am just wondering... is there a way to load Mixcraft in Safe mode (kinda) without any third party effects and vsti... that could be great to nailed down a problem

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:26 pm 

Raidx wrote:
I am just wondering... is there a way to load Mixcraft in Safe mode (kinda) without any third party effects and vsti... that could be great to nailed down a problem

We have .reg files that turn off VST or DirectX plugins. I usually ask to see the log file so I can determine where the hang up is, then I send out the appropriate instructions.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:11 pm 

I am trying to understand how the DirectX Effects work.

Before I begin with what I have found, I have installed, V6.1, Build 213, which I believe is the latest.

The table below shows my findings. I have MC6 running on XP and Win7. N/A - Not Available. Yes, the effect starts up the expected window and No, when Edit is clicked, it brings up the window of a previous or some other effect.

It appears that many of these effects are not functioning or not available. I have tried the 'Re-Scan All VST Plug-Ins' button hoping this would restore those not available. It did not change the effects. I also tried a re-install.

Am I missing something here?

Like I said at first, am trying to understand what these effects and others may have that would be useful. But if I cannot get most of these working, it is making it difficult to learn about them.

Thanks for any help,
Dick

DirectX Effects XP Win7
Power Multifex Filter No No
Power Tempo and Pitch Changer No No
Power Vocal Remover No N/A
Roxio AC3 (5.1) Encoder No No
Roxio Audio VCF Chunker 3.0 No No
Roxio Audio VCFLooper 3.0 Yes Yes
Roxio AudioConvert 3.0 Yes Yes
Roxio CPU Regulator Yes Yes
Roxio DV Scene Detector Tee 3.0 Yes Yes
Roxio Field Combiner 3.0 No No
Roxio Field Splitter 3.0 No No
Roxio SpyPos 3.0 Yes Yes
Roxio VCF AudioMixer 3.0 Yes Yes
Roxio VCFDVSceneDetect 1.0 No No
Roxio VCFLatency 3.0 Yes Yes
Roxio VCFpeakmeter 3.0 Yes Yes
Roxio VCFStationLogo 1.0 No No
Siglos Tempo and Pitch Changer No No

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 3:47 pm 

Hi,

Is there one that you particularly wanted to use in Mixcraft for some reason, or are you just wondering why they aren't working in general? Some of those are not designed to work with a audio program like Mixcraft, they are designed to work with their own video programs.

Greg

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:58 pm 

I am trying to understand effects and in general was looking at those that are installed with version I have. I assumed if they are installed they are functional, is this not the case? If they are not functional, why are they included in the list of effects?

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:04 pm 

Hi,

The ones that aren't working in Mixcraft should be functional in the program they came from (Roxio or whatever), but they are not necessarily functional in Mixcraft. Mixcraft just loads all the DirectX effects it can find, but it doesn't have any way of determining whether you'll find that particular effect useful in Mixcraft.

If you like, you can add the names of the plugins that you want to ignore to the DXignore file. Since you have Windows XP, that file would be here:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Mixcraft\

Use a text editor like Notepad to modify the file and save it so that its name is still DXignore.ini.

Greg

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:11 pm 

@dmathews: I know this won't answer you question, but....

Just for the hell of it I googled several of the Roxio plugins just to see what they were attached to. I never did find out. What I did find was that almost every one of them had a list of links about software that was rendered unusable because of them.

Also did a search of all my HDs for 'Roxio' and nothing popped up so those files are not attached to Mixcraft.

On a personal note, when I went to Windows 7 I installed an earlier version of Creator that I had used on XP on the old computer and <> 1/2 the modules would not function, several of which crashed the computer if I tried to use them. Maybe time to either upgrade or dump whatever Roxio you have on your HD?? Just a thought.

Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 4 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX jBridge, EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter libs, Omnisphere
My Stuff: Mixcraft Live, Soundcloud

Last edited by chibear on Tue May 14, 2013 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:44 pm 

Thanks for the input.

I was not aware of the Roxio effects. I have it running and I am now aware of this. I will disable the effects that I found that don't work.