It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:42 pm 

I've been able to solve every problem imaginable except this. I'm ready to buy the software now but if I can't get this working I'll need to bail and I don't want to do that because I haven't been able to get any other music recording software to work until Mixcraft.

Every time I mix down to mp3, it seems to go just fine. It's a 19-second track. However in Windows Media or any other player, after a quick note there is 9 seconds of silence, then the last half plays flawlessly. I've tried adjusting the bitrate up and down, adding tag info, removing all tag info and unchecking the box. Nothing works. And my recording plays just fine in Mixcraft. This happens whether or not I close Mixcraft before launching my mp3 player. I emailed my mp3 to a friend and he hears it too. The mp3 that Mixcraft is creating plays 1/2 second of my tune, drops out for 9 seconds, then plays the remainder crystal clear. Any ideas would be welcome. I have zero other issues with my updated sound driver, other mp3 files and within Mixcraft (right now). I just can't seem to create an mp3 and it's nothing fancy, a single virtual instrument keyboard track.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:50 pm 
Site Admin

What happens if you try to create a WAV file?

Dan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:29 am 
Site Admin

qcbrian - We would like to reproduce this issue here and fix it. Can you please contact us by replying here, or PM me, or submit a support request at http://support.acoustica.com
Thanks

Eric On Facebook
Eric On Soundcloud
Eric On Reverbnation
Eric On A Giant chair ;-)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:56 am 

I had this problem once before (in mixcraft 5 tho)

And i had to freeze all my track first then export to MP3 to fix the issue

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:07 pm 
Site Admin

That's odd, none of us can reproduce it. Do you remember if there was a third party plugin involved?

Eric On Facebook
Eric On Soundcloud
Eric On Reverbnation
Eric On A Giant chair ;-)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:17 pm 

Acoustica Dan wrote:
What happens if you try to create a WAV file?

Dan

I'll give it a try + let u know.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:19 pm 

Acoustica Eric wrote:
qcbrian - We would like to reproduce this issue here and fix it. Can you please contact us by replying here, or PM me, or submit a support request at http://support.acoustica.com
Thanks

OK thx. I will try to create a .wav as Acoustica Dan suggested, and then let u know the results of that, and get with u when I'm ready to work on the mp3 issue.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:46 pm 

Ok guys. Here are the results.

The only 3rd party plugin I'm using is asio4all and it is working flawlessly. I adjust the latency to get a good recording and to prevent popping on playback. Within Mixcraft I'm using the Lounge Lizard Impulse electric piano VST. Sounds epic within Mixcraft when I play back.

I mixed down to a .wav and played it back using Media Player Classic Home Cinema, that great lightweight media player. It was worse. There were 2 quick "blips" then silence, then one last blip about 2 seconds before the file ended.

The mp3 playback in Media Player Classic Home Cinema played back just as it had in WMP and in Google's lightweight mp3 player built into gmail. Same results: A quick note, then 9 seconds of silence, then it plays the remainder of the file just fine. Wide open to more troubleshooting or any files and/or settings you want me to send. --qcbrian, Charlotte NC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:21 pm 

Hi,

Thanks for sending in your project file! I'm seeing the same issue here; we'll look into this and let you know what we figure out.

Greg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:35 pm 
Site Admin

Hi there,

The problem is being caused by a Program Change message in your project. It's causing the Lounge Lizard plugin to changes sounds, which takes a fraction of a second, but during this time the plugin won't produce sound. Since mixdown occurs very, very quickly, this "fraction of a second" translates into most of your sound being gone.

Here's how to fix this:

1. First, there is a very small partial clip at the start of your project, before the large clip. You'll want to zoom in to the very start of the project and delete that clip entirely.

2. Select the second clip and open it in the Piano Roll editor.

3. Choose "Program Change" in the dropdown underneat the piano roll that says "Velocity (Note ON)"

4. You'll see a couple blue Program Change markers in the area to the right of the dropdown.

5. Right-click on that area and choose "Delete All Controllers."

After that, you'll be able to mix down without a problem. It's not that unusual for MIDI files that you load into Mixcraft to contain extraneous controller information - program changes and lots of other things. Your project also contains Bank Change messages as well as Chorus Level messages. These other messages aren't harmful but you can delete them too, if you'd like.

Hope that helps.

Dan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:14 pm 

Hi guys, thx for the full analysis/report. I will follow your instructions step by step. I noticed that when I was creating my track that any click of the mouse can result in things being put in there -- symbols, additional mysterious "stuff", etc. I'm sure you've heard it before, but it can be hard to figure out exactly what you just did and how to get rid of it. Early on I attempted to delete that little bit at the beginning but when I selected that small piece I didn't have the option to remove it. Maybe zooming in as you suggested will help. I'll just take one step at a time and if I can't figure it out after doing my own research in the FAQs, help files and forums will hit y'all back. In fact will post success too. I'm as psychotic about my keyboard tone as any guitarist and your Impulse/Lounge Lizard electric piano is money. Determined to get the mixdown working and jam. Cheers

Last edited by qcbrian on Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:17 pm 
Site Admin

If any of my instructions aren't clear, please just let us know and we'll explain whatever you need in greater detail.

Thanks!
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:25 pm 

Here's a screenshot:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:32 pm 

Epic help thx dudes. May take a couple of days to try everything 'cause I gotta crack open this cold one, logout, get on the keys and jam. Post on though, got ya bookmarked. Cheers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:27 pm 

Looks like it did write to mp3 just fine! Initally there was no sound from my lightweight Media Player Classic...then I discovered there was no sound from any mp3 with Mixcraft open. Solution: Closed Mixcraft and tried to open various mp3 files (including my mixdown) again.

Result: PERFECT. So I think this is a lack of RAM issue with my system.

I will definitely get a license now. The other features I will learn over time but congratulations, this is the FIRST music software (after 4 months of trying many different programs) that I've been able to use to turn a simple song on MIDI keyboard into an mp3 that I can share. And unlike your competitors, I didn't have to wait weeks for a response. Thx again!

Last edited by qcbrian on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.