It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MX6 and asio
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:56 am 

Hey guys,
I don't get why (my) MX6 won't work rite with ASIO--it crashes on instruments changes. My ASIO driver is supplied by my ZOOM G2.N guitar box.

ASIO--again, from the Zoom G2.N--works perfectly with Orion, Acid Home 9, and Cakewalk Home Studio 7. Acoustica Greg suggested I use Wavert and this stopped the allout MX6 crashes. But now that MX6 "works" with Wavert--I CAN'T USE THE ZOOM to record guitar parts--unless someone, say, Acoustica Greg, knows something I don't know. Hey, I wanna like MX6, but .... :?

Post subject: Re: MX6 and asio
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:18 am 

Hi,

Did you also try my suggestion of downloading the latest audio drivers from Zoom?

Also check and make sure that you've selected the correct driver, if you have more than one. You should have the latest driver for your Zoom device selected.

Greg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:57 pm 

Thanks much,
I know it's a burden to get everyone's insoluble problems dumped in your lap!

My Zoom ASIO driver is the latest and only ASIO I have, and, as mentioned, perfectly runs Orion, Cakewalk, and Acid. I"ll record with Cakewalk with for now--MX6 is, or would be, better than any of my other programs, but it's a no-go with Zoom! Zoom, BTW, should be able to run with WaveRT, but of course doesn't.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:19 pm 

Hi,

Does this happen with any project, or just particular projects? If you open up a new project and switch virtual instruments, does it crash? Does it only happen while you're playing back the project?

Greg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:07 am 

Thanks much for replying Greg. I just bought MX6 so I only have one project I worked on, but because of the crashes decided not to use the program beyond that, and risk losing work that way. I think the program may be OK with another ASIO setup I have on a desktop, using an M-Audio ASIO driver. I will try a new project with my laptop, and no guitar (because I can't use my Zoom), and let you know here what happens.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:08 pm 

Greg, I started a new project and so far MX6 is working good with my Zoom ASIO. There are only a few piano voices and tho more instrums will be added it seems very stable now. You were so right to suggest that the first project may hold the problem. Thanks much again! :D