It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:54 am 

In a nutshell: on my old computer I saved all my Mixcraft projects to one folder. That folder was transferred to the new computer. For the project using lots of IK Miroslav Philharmonic. I got an 'unable to retrieve data for' error. All the instances of Philharmonik were in the tracks, but the instrument settings (like what instrument was loaded) were not there so I have 40 tracks of midi data with blank Philharmonic VSTi's. Any ideas?

I haven't loaded Kontakt or Sample Tank yet so I don't know if the problem only applies to IK products or VSTs thart use 'racks' in general.

Luckily it is not a major disaster as I made a record of the instruments used so it'll only take a hour or so to repopulate all the Miroslavs.

Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 4 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX jBridge, EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter libs, Omnisphere
My Stuff: Mixcraft Live, Soundcloud

Last edited by chibear on Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:25 am 
Site Admin

Hi there,

Is it possible that the sample data for the plugin was in a different folder on the old computer versus the new computer? Perhaps you have a different login/account name?

My guess is that the instrument saves the path of the sample data you've chosen to load, and on the new computer the plug-in can't find the data at that location and is giving you that error message.

For the record, we have no control over how a plug-in saves and/or restores it's data. That's entirely up to the plug-in. It gives us a block of save data and we write it to the project. This is true for all DAWs.

Thanks,
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:40 am 

That's what I was thinking too. I'll contact IK and post their reply (if there is one)

Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 4 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX jBridge, EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter libs, Omnisphere

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:41 pm 

After 6 emails I still have non-answers from IK Support. Makes me really appreciate our Acoustica guys who actually read your whole post and answer the given questions :)

Meanwhile. Mixcraft Projects with instances of the Kontakt Factory Libraries copied to the new computer and ran without incident. Third party libraries had to have the path re-established but the instruments were still there even in multis.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:36 am 

Good thing you didnt need any support from NI...........

My SOUNDCLOUD Page

Grace. Its not just for dinner!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:11 am 

lol ya right! I had my experience with NI support on a shipping issue. Needless to say the experience didn't leave me smiling. Judging from their forums no one from support ever visits there either :|

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:12 pm 

I suspect poor customer support is mainly down to arrogant college boys who have neurotic problems in relating to normal people.

Acoustica is the only software company I've experienced that supplies hands on support. For that alone it should receive an award.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:35 pm 

Quote:
Meanwhile. Mixcraft Projects with instances of the Kontakt Factory Libraries copied to the new computer and ran without incident. Third party libraries had to have the path re-established but the instruments were still there even in multis.

You can add IK Sample Tank to the list of VSTs that migrated in projects to the new computer intact with all their settings. Oddly Philharmonik is powered by a version of Sample Tank. Guess they missed something at IK.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:04 pm 

I changed the title to reflect what was going on. After 8 emails there finally is a work aroun so Miroslav owners take note for when you get a new computer:

from IK support:

"huh thats strange.. Never seen this. But the easy fix is this, put your Miro sounds in your Sampletank 2 instruments folder and use ST 2 to play all your sounds. Miro is just ST 2 with a different skin for the most part."