It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:26 am 

If this topic has been covered please delete this post, but I've searched the forums and can't find anything on this.

Software: Mixcraft 6.1 Build 204
Driver: ASIO
Soundcard: M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496
Recording settings: Analogue In 1 Deta-AP/Analogue In 2 Delta> L-Channel (Input 1)
Pan setting: Center
I record live from mic to preamp to soundcard.

Result:
I get what looks like a stereo wave (outputing sound above and below centerline).

Problem:
When I try to pan the signal from center to right I loose more volume the harder right I pan.
When I pan from center to left I get increased volume the harder I pan left.

I've read in older Mixcraft posts (2006) the problem was a preferences issue, where recording/playback could be switched from mono to stereo. Mixcraft 6 obviously doesn't have this kind of preference setting (I've searched).

I've also tried setting the pan hard right and mixing a new audio track. What I get is a track with a waveform but no sound at all.

If the track can't be panned is there some way (e.g. delay/chorus bouncing to another track) to work around this?

Help!

Again, if this is covered elsewhere I apologize.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:39 pm 

Hi,

That audio must have been recorded on the left. This can happen if you arm a track for "stereo," when its a mono signal. Arming it on the left in that case would give you a centered sound.

Right-click on the audio clip, select Properties, then Channels and finally "Left Channel." This will center the left side, which you can then pan.

Greg