It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:29 pm 

Hi there, everyone!

So, I've been using Mixcraft before on basically this exact configuration, but now it's stopped working. The splash screen's bar fills up to about 80% and gets stuck there. I've tried reinstalling the software, twice. I've had a look around my system settings - but they're the same as always, and Mixcraft has worked fine in the past.

The only significant change in my config is that I installed a new graphics card. It does have have some audio stuff associated with it, HDMI out and such - but I dunno if that could be interfering.

I couldn't find any blanket suggestions in the Mixcraft troubleshooter, but I thought I'd ask here if there's a known fix to this problem.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:45 pm 

Errr. It works when I run it in compatibility mode for Windows 7. I'm on Windows 8. That's bizarre, I could swear I had it up and running on this OS before.

Edit: Aaaand now it just works, regardless of whether I run it in compatibility mode or not. This is the worst kind of fix, where I did absolutely nothing and it just inexplicably works.

False alarm then I guess.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:34 pm 

Hi,

This is usually due to problems that Mixcraft is having loading plugins, problems with your sound device configuration or a bad installation. Since it fixed itself, I'm guessing it has something to do with your audio drivers. Anyway, let us know if it happens again.

Greg