It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:55 pm 

In recent months,I've embarked on a monumentally large project..by creating a series of music videos based a video game.Before I bought Mixcraft 6,I was editing the video footage using Sony Vegas(that I have installed on my other PC),then I extracted the audio from it using a free program called Full Video Converter and then importing the audio into Reason on this PC.

So needless to say,Mixcraft 6 cut down the work-load dramatically,but I ran into an oddity in the process of rendering my finished work.The music video I created,was 6 minutes & 18 seconds in length,using video that was rendered in AVI with a resolution of 720X480 and there was 9 other audio tracks.
When I was ready for mixdown,I chose to mixdown using AVI...but after it was rendered,the file size was 12.5GB...WTF??! Fortunately(or so I thought),was that I had a 16GB USB drive to transfer the video to my other PC,to load it up to my YouTube account.
However though,when I tried to send the file to the thumb drive,I got an error message saying that the file size was too large...so again,I thought..WTF?!! So then..after that,I decided to just upload the video using this PC to my other YouTube account,but it would have taken 41 hours to upload the video...WTF!!??

In an effort to reduce the file size,I temporarily deleted all of my 9 audio tracks,but it only reduced the size by 100MB.Finally,I just rendered it down using WMV and it was then down to a file size of 300MB.
After this experience,I realized I should probably watch more of the tutorials...which I'm going to do shortly,but I was wondering...when you render a project with video included,was is the bit rate of the audio itself?

Also...I have a Cyber Power Apevia PC,with an AMD 2.80 6-core processor,8GB of RAM & a 1TB HD...and yet,when I am working on a tune,I have to keep the video preview window at a very small size,because if I don't when I'm in playback mode,the display freezes on the first frame of the video & it takes about 6 measures,before the video comes into play.

It's not a big issue,but a bit inconvenient,having to preview my work with such a small viewing size and with the size of my PC,it doesn't make any sense(as I only have 172GB of used space).

One more thing...in this current project,I must have accidentally hit a wrong button somewhere,because the audio of the video,were not linked together & that made a lot more work for me in the editing,so I need to fix that,but have been unsuccessful in doing so.
If I created a new project,will the audio of the video be automatically linked together by default?Or do I have to change something in the preferences area?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:27 pm 

720 x 480 with an audio bitrate of 128kbps should work. If you want HD you will need to use 1280 x 720 with audio at 384kbps.

Check this out for complete details:
YouTube advanced encoding settings

SoundCloud
Mixcraft Live
YouTube

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:06 pm 

SoundSquire wrote:
720 x 480 with an audio bitrate of 128kbps should work. If you want HD you will need to use 1280 x 720 with audio at 384kbps.

Check this out for complete details:
YouTube advanced encoding settings

With the video footage I'm working with,it's source only 480p,but was then burned on to DVD using a component DVD recorder & then ripped using DVDfab...converted from VOB format to the default AVI setting in video converting program.

Thanks for the info.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:39 pm 

Sounds like a cool project. What video game? Any links so we can watch/listen? 8)

SoundCloud
Mixcraft Live
YouTube

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:13 pm 

SoundSquire wrote:
Sounds like a cool project. What video game? Any links so we can watch/listen? 8)

The game is Drakan:The Ancients' Gates.It's an RPG for PS2 that was released back in 2002.The game is enormous,the story is fascinating,the artwork in the graphics is beautiful and in fact,one of the most visually stunning games every created on this platform.

It took me 2 years to complete the game...best $30 I've ever spent in my life!I only wish they had remastered it to HD for the PS3....as was done with God Of War.

Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElxChqSbX5E

This is the latest in my series & the music was all done in Mixcraft 6,using only the included sounds.All the rest of my videos were donw using Reason 6.5

Hope you enjoy...