Acoustica - Software should be easy to use

Pitch bend data manipulation

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, Acoustica Greg

User avatar
dung_beetle
Posts: 257
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:50 am

Pitch bend data manipulation

Postby dung_beetle » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:57 am

I use the pitch bender and modulation wheel quite a bit with basses and leads. Is there a way to lock that automation data to the note so that I can move it together with the note along the time axis, like with the velocity bar? Or alternatively to select that automation curve and move it separately as a block? Maybe it is possible and I just don't see it :) Since I am a bass player, my keyboard playing is not ideal in terms of timing, so it would save me quite some time if I could just use an otherwise perfect pitch bends that just happen to be a bit off in terms of timing. Or if I could copy and paste such curves to other parts of the track where I did not record pitch bend data originally.

User avatar
dung_beetle
Posts: 257
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:50 am

Re: Pitch bend data manipulation

Postby dung_beetle » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:27 pm

When I ask a question I expect an answer. After all, I paid for your crap...
It's really amazing. You are several guys developing Mixcraft, yet updates are rare and support sucks. The guy from Mulab is alone, does excellent support and updates his software much more frequently and profoundly.

User avatar
trevlyns
Posts: 2117
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 1:59 am
Location: Essex, UK

Re: Pitch bend data manipulation

Postby trevlyns » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:46 pm

Hi DB

Firstly, I've noticed that if questions go unanswered after a day, they generally shift to the next page - so you get the out of sight, out of mind syndrome.

Now, to try and address your issue - I'm exactly in your position - a bass player for more years than I care to remember, and also very new to this new-fangled keyboard/MIDI thang.

What I find I can do is this - click in the track and highlight the section with the perfect pitch bend; right click and 'copy' - paste wherever you want, and just adjust the MIDI note to suit.

I tried this in a project - copied a pitch bend of a trombone to a new virtual instrument track. I then changed the virtual instrument to a fretless bass and it worked with the pitch bend. Of course you could go into the piano roll mode and change the note to whatever pitch you want.

Hope this helps!
Keep on trackin'

Trevor

My music is here

Official OFC™ Member

Win 7 pro 64 bit; MX7 Pro; Intel quad core i-5; 3.0 GHz; 16 GB RAM
I started out with nothing - and still have most of it left! - Seasick Steve

Ianpb
Posts: 916
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:05 am
Location: London, England

Re: Pitch bend data manipulation

Postby Ianpb » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:51 pm

dung_beetle wrote:When I ask a question I expect an answer. After all, I paid for your crap...
It's really amazing. You are several guys developing Mixcraft, yet updates are rare and support sucks. The guy from Mulab is alone, does excellent support and updates his software much more frequently and profoundly.

Hissy fit. They are entitled to take at least a couple of days off per week rather than having to check the forum every day just in case Baby Jane has a question.
Updates are not rare and the support does not suck, it's the best I've experienced.

User avatar
dung_beetle
Posts: 257
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:50 am

Re: Pitch bend data manipulation

Postby dung_beetle » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:36 pm

trevlyns wrote:Hi DB

Firstly, I've noticed that if questions go unanswered after a day, they generally shift to the next page - so you get the out of sight, out of mind syndrome.

Now, to try and address your issue - I'm exactly in your position - a bass player for more years than I care to remember, and also very new to this new-fangled keyboard/MIDI thang.

What I find I can do is this - click in the track and highlight the section with the perfect pitch bend; right click and 'copy' - paste wherever you want, and just adjust the MIDI note to suit.

I tried this in a project - copied a pitch bend of a trombone to a new virtual instrument track. I then changed the virtual instrument to a fretless bass and it worked with the pitch bend. Of course you could go into the piano roll mode and change the note to whatever pitch you want.

Hope this helps!


Thanks, that might be a workaround, though a bit clumsy. Will try that tomorrow...

User avatar
dung_beetle
Posts: 257
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:50 am

Re: Pitch bend data manipulation

Postby dung_beetle » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:49 pm

Ianpb wrote:
dung_beetle wrote:When I ask a question I expect an answer. After all, I paid for your crap...
It's really amazing. You are several guys developing Mixcraft, yet updates are rare and support sucks. The guy from Mulab is alone, does excellent support and updates his software much more frequently and profoundly.

Hissy fit. They are entitled to take at least a couple of days off per week rather than having to check the forum every day just in case Baby Jane has a question.
Updates are not rare and the support does not suck, it's the best I've experienced.


A couple of days are ok, but more than two weeks is too much imo. They would probably never have answered if I had not bumped this thread.

Updates are quite rare. I check regularly and it almost always says I already have the latest version. With Mulab there is an update every week, at least. And there are big changes, unlike with Mixcraft.

And I am really not impressed with support. This is not the first time there is no reply.
Basically, the only reason I still use Mixcraft is the included drum and percussion samples, for which I have no replacement, yet.

Ianpb
Posts: 916
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:05 am
Location: London, England

Re: Pitch bend data manipulation

Postby Ianpb » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:07 am

dung_beetle wrote:
Ianpb wrote:
dung_beetle wrote:When I ask a question I expect an answer. After all, I paid for your crap...
It's really amazing. You are several guys developing Mixcraft, yet updates are rare and support sucks. The guy from Mulab is alone, does excellent support and updates his software much more frequently and profoundly.

Hissy fit. They are entitled to take at least a couple of days off per week rather than having to check the forum every day just in case Baby Jane has a question.
Updates are not rare and the support does not suck, it's the best I've experienced.


A couple of days are ok, but more than two weeks is too much imo. They would probably never have answered if I had not bumped this thread.

Updates are quite rare. I check regularly and it almost always says I already have the latest version. With Mulab there is an update every week, at least. And there are big changes, unlike with Mixcraft.

And I am really not impressed with support. This is not the first time there is no reply.
Basically, the only reason I still use Mixcraft is the included drum and percussion samples, for which I have no replacement, yet.


It is conceivable that it got overlooked considering the support demand from users of Mixcraft as well as other Acoustica products. A friendly reminder may have achieved a response.

Acoustica Dan
Site Admin
Posts: 735
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:45 pm

Re: Pitch bend data manipulation

Postby Acoustica Dan » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:11 am

Hello,

For direct support click on the Support link at the top of every web site and file a support request. The public forums are not the ideal way to seek support, though we do our best to answer questions here. Direct support (which is always free) is usually answered withing a few hours.

Thanks,
Dan

User avatar
dung_beetle
Posts: 257
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:50 am

Re: Pitch bend data manipulation

Postby dung_beetle » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:10 am

I think it makes sense to use the board because usually when one user has a certain problem or question, it applies to other users as well. Like in this case with trevlyns. Plus, I sometimes get the feeling that other users understand the description of a problem better than the developers themselves do.
So what is the point in asking behind the scenes and getting a reply behind the scenes as if it were some kind of secret?

Ianpb
Posts: 916
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:05 am
Location: London, England

Re: Pitch bend data manipulation

Postby Ianpb » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:30 am

dung_beetle wrote:I think it makes sense to use the board because usually when one user has a certain problem or question, it applies to other users as well. Like in this case with trevlyns. Plus, I sometimes get the feeling that other users understand the description of a problem better than the developers themselves do.
So what is the point in asking behind the scenes and getting a reply behind the scenes as if it were some kind of secret?

It's not a secret, you'll just get more urgent attention. Once the solution is found you will be advised by email, and you will be at liberty to post it on this website, as I have done in the past.

User avatar
dung_beetle
Posts: 257
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:50 am

Re: Pitch bend data manipulation

Postby dung_beetle » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:19 am

Ianpb wrote:
dung_beetle wrote:I think it makes sense to use the board because usually when one user has a certain problem or question, it applies to other users as well. Like in this case with trevlyns. Plus, I sometimes get the feeling that other users understand the description of a problem better than the developers themselves do.
So what is the point in asking behind the scenes and getting a reply behind the scenes as if it were some kind of secret?

It's not a secret, you'll just get more urgent attention. Once the solution is found you will be advised by email, and you will be at liberty to post it on this website, as I have done in the past.


Well, with such simple questions, that are not even on bugs or problems, I do not expect urgent attention. I mean, what could possibly be urgent about a DAW? :D Mixcraft is not exactly a life-support system :roll:
Nor do I see a reason to waste time and do it all twice, once per support ticket and once per board...


Return to “Mixcraft”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Canopy and 5 guests