It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:06 pm 

I had this problem previously a few months ago, then it mysteriously resolved itself. Lately, several songs I'm working on are missing some audio loops. In every case, these are loops from my main loop folder on a jump drive that I never take out of the computer. I haven't had this problem with any Mixcraft loops that I can recall.

Mixcraft, of course, tries to find the missing loops, but to no avail. I assume it won't search the jump drive? Do I need to move all my loops onto my hard drive? What about any loops I might take off a CD? Does changing the song's file name (same location) cause this problem? Is there a better way to manage audio files associated with songs?

This is maddening; a solution would be very much appreciated!!!

Mel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:39 pm 

Hi,

Mixcraft is just looking for a particular pathname for each sound. So, if you had a sound here:

E:\my_removeable_drive\my_loop_folder\my_loop.wav

Mixcraft would always try to load that exact file in that exact location. If the name of the file changes, if the drive letter changes, if the folder name changes, or if the loop is deleted, Mixcraft will report it as missing. It's hard to say what's happening in your case without more information. Is there any chance that the drive letter has changed? You can look at the "missing sound" message and see where Mixcraft thinks the loop should be. You can also click the "Browse" button and guide Mixcraft to find the correct loop.

Greg

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:35 pm 

Thanks for the reply Greg. To my knowledge, nothing has changed with the audio source. I do know that I changed the file name of a few of the songs (from Mixcraft Project x), without moving them. You didn't mention that as a problem. Sounds like I might be better off moving my loops; either to the internal hard drive or to my external hard drive that I never remove.

Mel