It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:32 am 

So I've already looked up other people's problems with this, and I've already tried clicking the button near the arm - to my surprise, it was already stereo? I turned off the instrumental and I heard my vocals still only coming from the right side of my speaker. So I tried clicking on the 'Left Channel' option, but nothing. And then finally I clicked on the 'Right Channel' but it didn't work either...

Does it have something to do with the fact that my microphone is attached to an audio interface (Focusrite Saffire 6 USB)? I don't think anything is wrong with my microphone, which is an Audio Technica AT 2020. Maybe it's the way I set it up?

-trying to give all the details so it'll be easier to answer-

And for me, when I click on the arm button, it shows: Line in (Saffire 6 USB 2.0). And then the arrow shows, and the 3 options Stereo/Left Channel/Right Channel come up. So yeah. I'd really like help for this... and also I have Mixcraft 6.

Thank you!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:43 am 

Actually nevermind! I'll just continue to record with Left Channel, because it seems to work in both speakers when I do. c:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:04 am 

now arm 2 tracks to record simultaneously,pan 1 to the right a bit, & add just a slight delay to it for more "depth" & bigger sounding vocals. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:08 am 

Noru wrote:
Actually nevermind! I'll just continue to record with Left Channel, because it seems to work in both speakers when I do. c:

Hi,

Yes, arm it on the side on which you hear the audio for a centered mono recorded. As gypsy101 points out, this gives you the ability to record two tracks at the same time.

If you've got existing recordings you want to salvage, you can right-click on them, select "Channels" and then Left or Right (depending on which side has the audio).

Greg