It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mixcraft freezing
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:43 pm 

Acoustica Greg wrote:
elwoodblues1969 wrote:
Darth,

Mixcraft can seem like a train-wreck at first & I have to admit...that when I got mine a few weeks ago,I assumed that everything would be configured seamlessly...but discovered that Mixcraft responds differently to your hardware,then other DAW's & it's a matter of making the necessary adjustments to accommodate Mixcraft's eccentricities.
Latency issues are very simple to fix with an audio card upgrade and as a general rule,upgrades in audio cards are essential,regardless of what DAW your using and critical to have,if you want to use semi-pro/pro grade studio monitors.

Acoustica has more video tutorials than any other DAW I know of,so if forum queries aren't your thing,then check out Acoustica's YouTube channel.

Audio interfaces account for quite a behavioral issues in DAW's(particularly with Mixcraft) and I personally,would not recommend to anyone,to use an on-board sound-card that was included with the PC purchase(the exception being of course,a PC specifically designed for pro audio software use).
Acoustica's PC optimization video is very helpful & will solve your current issues,I'm sure.

However though...despite all of the optimizing I've done,I noticed that if you try to push Mixcraft as hard as other DAW's in terms of VST usage,Mixcraft will crash with no warning(a behavior of which,I have never experienced with My Reason or Presonus S1 DAWs).

That being said,I agree that Acoustica needs to fashion a new version.

-Thom

Did you ever send us your log file? We can't fix anything if we don't know what the problem is.

As I've explained a couple of times prior,there's only so many tracks I can use,before it freezes up and when it freezes,the screen turns white & I get this swirling icon and nothing functions at all and my only option,is to log off of my PC.
There is NO window that pops that gives me the option to file a report and even if there was one,I told you about my inability to access the log file folder.
We've been through this already...what more can I tell you to illustrate the problem more clearly?

I've had it up to my eyeballs with this issue and the last time we discussed this,you had brought up VST usage.
I can only use 3rd party VST's just so far,before I overload Mixcraft & I am not going to walk on eggshells...constantly worrying about the processing power of each VST I use.
I know what the limits are and I know I cannot use Mixcraft exclusively,to create large projects-period,end of story.
Mixcraft 6 is good for assisting me in building a song,for those times when I need multiple DAW's for large projects requiring certain sounds my Reason DAW does not provide,but that's it.

I'm done rehashing this issue & I'm through posting on this forum.Thanks for all of your help,but I have to move on,as I am thoroughly aggravated at this point.

Post subject: Re: Mixcraft freezing
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:55 pm 

Hi,

The log file is generated every time you run Mixcraft, and even if it doesn't give specific information about a freeze or crash, it can give us some clues as to what's going on. If there is a problem with Mixcraft, we want to fix it, but we need specific information about what's happening before we know what area to zero in on.

Here are those log file instructions again:

The next time it happens, quit Mixcraft (or force it to close if it's frozen) and then send us your mixcraft-log.txt file, which is located in this folder:

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft

Another way to find it is to click on the Windows Start Menu, select All Programs, then Acoustica Mixcraft 6 (or 5) and finally Logs. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Here's a short video: Mixcraft Mini-Tip: How To Find Your Mixcraft Log File

Greg

Post subject: Re: Mixcraft freezing
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:22 am 

Geez.. this guy sounds like the type that returns something he bought used off eBay and leaves negative feedback because it has a scratch. A scratch he did himself when looking for a reason to return it. Tells you it's broken and won't turn on, you check it, it's fine...