It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Nanokontrol 2 & Mixcraft
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:42 am 

Hi, Does anyone have any up to date info on using a Korg Nanokontrol 2 as a control surface for Mixcraft? Current wisdom seems to apply to Mixcraft 5

My PC can 'see' the controller but it doesn't appear in the available devices in Mixcraft. Also, elsewhere on the Web peeps talk about engaging 'CC mode' but don't explain how. Manual seems to ignore this crucial piece of info too. Can anyone enlighten me? I've tried without and with the Korg driver ... there's no difference.

I'm using the trial version (with only 7 days to run) but love it to bits and to be honest, if I can't get the controller working it won't stop me buying it but I would like to use it and it does feature in one of the mixcraft videos so, I guess it should work?

www.soundcloud.com/geoffjamesevans

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:47 am 

I have been using a Nano for a month now with MixCraft 6 and Win 7 . No problems, hooked right up. I did download the latest driver from Korg, it did not want to work w/o it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:31 am 

Thanks. I must have changed the mode or summat. just does not work
:(

www.soundcloud.com/geoffjamesevans

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:49 am 

Hi,

Mixcraft 5 doesn't have control surface support. Is that what you're using? If so, try Mixcraft 6.

If you're already using Mixcraft 6, here are some suggestions:

If you're using a USB hub, try bypassing that and going directly into a USB port on your computer If you're not using a hub, just try a different USB port. Make sure you don't have any other MIDI applications open when you launch Mixcraft and also that your Nanokontrol 2 is recognized by Windows before you start Mixcraft.

You can also try installing the Korg USB-MIDI driver from the Nano Series driver downloads page.

Note: you can only use the faders to control the selected track. You can't control all the tracks simultaneously.

Greg