It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:10 pm 

I'm running Mixcraft 6.1 Build 210 on Windows 8. All of a sudden my button labels have change to what appears to be the "code" name (i.e. FileMenu, T_DEF_NAME, etc, etc). I was going to uninstall and reinstall but there is no Mixcraft listed in the remove program list. Anybody got any ideas? Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:37 pm 

Have you tried the "windows fubar, start over" button yet?

* apologies, some really dark and weird mojo occuring here right now!

My SOUNDCLOUD Page

Grace. Its not just for dinner!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:11 pm 

Name on that must have changed too :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:14 am 

Did you try a re-boot? I get similar problems, but its usually the scroll bars, and its when a windows session has been open a LONG time, (sometimes days.) When I re-boot and start over, everything is good again!

My SOUNDCLOUD Page

Grace. Its not just for dinner!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:10 pm 
Site Admin

egleaton wrote:
I'm running Mixcraft 6.1 Build 210 on Windows 8. All of a sudden my button labels have change to what appears to be the "code" name (i.e. FileMenu, T_DEF_NAME, etc, etc). I was going to uninstall and reinstall but there is no Mixcraft listed in the remove program list. Anybody got any ideas? Thanks in advance.

This would happen if Mixcraft cannot find it's language resource files. If the problem persists after a reboot, check your language settings in the preferences. Make sure English is selected. If it is, you should reinstall Mixcraft. Something got hosed.

Dan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:34 am 

Acoustica Dan, you are dead on! I looked in prefs and language had nada (nothing). I went to my drive folders and the language folder only had Japanese but this did not even show up in the prefs. I then looked at the registry and there was no entry at all for Acoustica or Mixcraft. This must have been one hosed up install. I will try uninstalling and reinstalling but as I said in my original post when I go to the remove programs there is no entry for Mixcraft but this makes sense because there is no registry entries. Wonder what happened? Regardless, thanks a million for the help so far!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:47 am 

Had to remove directories and files at command level. No uninstall would work. Did a complete reinstall. Everything looks normal now. Thanks for your help Acoustica Dan. Mark this problem "solved". Hope this might help someone with similar problem.