It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:09 pm 

Just wondering if somebody used this VST successfully with Mixcraft.
I just bought it, but Mixcraft (6 Pro) doesn't recognize it.
In case someone else tried this and found a way already it would nice to give me a hint.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:04 am 

Hi,

Make sure that you've installed the 32-bit version of the plugin (if there is also a 64-bit version). Mixcraft can only recognize 32-bit plugins unless you are using something like jbridge.

If that's not the problem, into which folder did you install the plugin? Is it a folder that Mixcraft is looking in for plugins? Check your Plugin-Ins preferences.

If all else fails, send us your mixcraft-log.txt file, which is located in this folder:

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft

Another way to find it is to click on the Windows Start Menu, select All Programs, then Acoustica Mixcraft 6 (or 5) and finally Logs. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Here's a short video: Mixcraft Mini-Tip: How To Find Your Mixcraft Log File

Greg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:37 am 

I still have to get used to this, but albeit called a "VST" it seems to me, that this program isn't actually designed to work as a plugin at all, but as a stand alone, and you have to import the results as wav or mp3 into other programs. Uhmmm, new concept ...

Thanks anyway!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:38 am 

Quote:
this program isn't actually designed to work as a plugin at all, but as a stand alone, and you have to import the results as wav or mp3 into other programs. Uhmmm, new concept ...

It's been very hard to get ANY information on this VST(?). So if I read you right, you lay down the vocal track in Vocaloid, then export a wave file which you import into Mixcraft, kind of like Beatcraft for a voice?

Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 4 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX jBridge, EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter libs, Omnisphere
My Stuff: Mixcraft Live, Soundcloud

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:37 pm 

chibear wrote:
It's been very hard to get ANY information on this VST(?). So if I read you right, you lay down the vocal track in Vocaloid, then export a wave file which you import into Mixcraft, kind of like Beatcraft for a voice?

Yes, seems like it isn't very common. Apparently it's a hit in Japan (you can choose Chinese, Korean, Japanese and English as the program language), but it's not really a music program or an actual plugin. Bestservice had it in their catalogue, but it was misleading, since it is called a VST plugin, which it isn't.
It's a vocal synthesizer - you can type words and notes and a female voice sings your lyrics in the key and tempo you decide.
Seems like you can import a mp3 or wav track (maybe if you wrote a song in mixcraft), then you can create the vocal track in vocaloid and export it, and re-import into mixcraft. I'm not yet certain about all the features and how it works; it's not very user friendly, but it produces nice results, judged by the examples from the web.