Acoustica - Software should be easy to use

Minor Chords

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

becker

Minor Chords

Postby becker » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:37 pm

When composing in Mixcraft6, how do I add Minor chords in my project as needed, for instance in a chord sequence such as : in the key of C, C Am F G the drop down box does not have any Minor chords.

chibear

Re: Minor Chords

Postby chibear » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:11 am

Hi,

I'm not quite sure what you are talking about and since no one else has responded I'm pretty sure no else does either. As far as I know Mixcraft doesn't have a feature that adds chords. Some VSTs do though. Could you bemore specific and which dropdown are you talking about?
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter libs, Omnisphere
Soundcloud

Ianpb

Re: Minor Chords

Postby Ianpb » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:12 pm

becker wrote:When composing in Mixcraft6, how do I add Minor chords in my project as needed, for instance in a chord sequence such as : in the key of C, C Am F G the drop down box does not have any Minor chords.

I think you are referring to the drop-down box that's assigned to each clip, and which determines the key signature of it. That's all it does: sets the key signature, not any chords. Whichever chords you require, you create.

Incidentally, if you wish to set the key of a clip to a minor key, just select the related major key.

Return to “Mixcraft”