It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:02 am 

Can MC6 run both my midi controller and a Korg NanoKontrol (Pad 2).?.? For $60 that would be an awesome amount of control over this DAW. If it works.., how would it be done? I know mapping would be a breeze because of MC's Midi Learn feature. How would you assign multiple midi controllers?

Roland Juno-Di, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR-S700, Behringer Desktop Studio Monitors, Beat Thang Virtual, Mixcraft 6 (and Home Studio), Power Tracks Pro 2013, Dimension Le, Gateway (ZX6971)-2.60 GHz Processor (Dual Core), 4 GIGS RAM, 64 Bit Operating System.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:46 am 

You certainly can squeakie!

I have a Roland Edirol PCR, Yamaha PSR and I just tried connecting my Korg NanoKey and NanoKontrol 2.

With all 4 devices connected they all work faultlessly. Just remember the NanoKontrol2 will currently only work on one track at a time so you can't use the faders for different tracks.

You gotta love this software. :D

Trevor

My music is here

Official OFC™ Member

When I listen, I forget. When I see, I remember. When I do, I understand. Confucius
I started out with nothing - and still have most of it left! - Seasick Steve

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:55 am 

Hi squeakie

I am running my Audiobox USB interface, Korg NanoKontrol, Korg NanoKey and Korg NanoPad with no issues... But like Trev said... you can only control one track's worth of faders at this time...

But, if your VST has a "learn" capability, you can control a bucket full of stuff there.

Have fun
Pierre

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:59 am 

Awesome! what version of Windows are you guys using? I have read a few reports of issues with Windows 7.

Roland Juno-Di, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR-S700, Behringer Desktop Studio Monitors, Beat Thang Virtual, Mixcraft 6 (and Home Studio), Power Tracks Pro 2013, Dimension Le, Gateway (ZX6971)-2.60 GHz Processor (Dual Core), 4 GIGS RAM, 64 Bit Operating System.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:08 am 

I'm on Win 7 pro 64 bit without any problems. Ironically, I've heard of issues with Win 8 which is why I went that way. Although, I'm sure there will be those who'll sanction Win 8.

Trevor

My music is here

Official OFC™ Member

When I listen, I forget. When I see, I remember. When I do, I understand. Confucius

Last edited by trevlyns on Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:12 am 

I have Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit). Hopefully I won't have issues.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:16 am 

I'm planning on buying the Kontrol Pad 2 today. Just need to ask another question about what was mentioned. Only being able to control one track at a time with the faders isn't going to be a problem for me. However, I just want to make sure I can still map the additional tracks to the other faders. Is that possible?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:43 pm 

Hi!

Currently not I'm afraid. :( Once you set a slider to control volume, that same slider will control volume on all tracks currently selected. You won't be able to use separate sliders for separate tracks.

You can of course use the other sliders to control other things. I use mine to control parameters in effects processors like Mixcraft's compressor, reverb. EQ etc.

Very useful tool which I'm sure you'll enjoy using - but roll on Mixcraft 7 - would be great to control all the mix tab sliders. :D

Trevor

My music is here

Official OFC™ Member

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:18 am 

I guess that's not really so much a deal breaker. I do see the benefits in being able to assign the slider to other parameters. What the heck.., I'll give the KontrolPad a go. Thanks for the information folks. My only real serious concern is the issue that many are having with Windows 7. I contacted Korg about this, and they said it's a Windows issue that goes all the way back to Windows XP. However, if I buy it and have issues.., just call and the tech will have me up an running within minutes.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:49 am 

Strange - it worked fine on my old Vista home premium and now faultlessly with Win 7 pro...

Trevor

My music is here

Official OFC™ Member