Acoustica - Software should be easy to use

How would you do this?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, Acoustica Greg

viper-2

How would you do this?

Postby viper-2 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:37 am

So I have 9 songs I want to create a CD with.

Should I record & Mix each song individually, then move onto the next?
Should I record each instrument one at a time for all songs (All Drums, bass, guitar, etc..) then mix all songs one at a time at the end? Or when done with each song?

When we had an engineer and Record company budget we did each song individually and then went to a completely different studio for mixdown and another for mastering.

What is the best way when we are solo musician, Engineer, Producer etc...? Or is there even any "best way" with this?

trevlyns

Re: How would you do this?

Postby trevlyns » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:03 am

Well, since you asked "How would you do this", I'll get the ball rolling.

I would commit to one song at a time and see it through to completion. The reason I say this is that (for me anyway) it takes so much time and concentration to get something sounding decent. Spreading that concentration over 9 songs at the same time would frazzle my brain. :lol:

What's important is the end product should be evenly balanced volume wise - all nine songs. We once did an album with an "enthusiastic wannabe producer" buddy and it was basically unusable at the end. Some songs were brilliant and loud, others too soft and you would have to keep adjusting the volume on the playback device. We eventually paid for a more professional service.

My two new pence worth...
Keep on trackin'

Trevor

My music is here

Official OFC™ Member

Win 7 pro 64 bit; MX7 Pro; Intel quad core i-5; 3.0 GHz; 16 GB RAM
I started out with nothing - and still have most of it left! - Seasick Steve

Return to “Mixcraft”