It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:34 pm 

Pardon for this double post over top of a similar post of mine made earlier but I really-really would like to use my new microKorg sythensizer as a MIDI hardware device to communicate with and use MX6's vast library of virtual instruments and even with the owner's manual and the specialty subboard on Korg's website I simply can't figure out how to make things work.

The manual is very confusing to say the least and all the other advice received from other users apparently none of whom have hooked one up and used it with MixCraft 6 is to "experiment with the setting until you get it correct".

Thanks to lots of great advice here some months back including but not limited to replies and suggestions from AcousticaGreg and others I was able to hook up and happily use my RadioShack/Yamaha full-sized keyboard synth using a MISI In/Out-to/USB cable to MX5 and actually did a couple of things with that combination I was proud enough to go public with so now I'm asking for that kind of help and insight.

What do I need to do, what Korg drivers do I need to download and install and then what settings do I need to implement on the micorKorg unit for it to be able to talk MIDI with MX6's library of virtual instruments?

Any and all help will be most appreciated, Thanks In Advance!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:49 am 

Hi. It is my understanding that a midi to usb cable is actually an interface meaning it contains standard midi drivers. If it drives your other keyboard then why did you need to download midi drivers from Korg? (was that a dumb question?) The Korg drivers and the external midi cable interface could be conflicting with each other so I would think one or the other has to go. it is worth considering that this is where the bottleneck resides so you could try unplugging the cable, set the Korg to factory condition (if it has that choice) delete the korg drivers, restart windows, and plug the cable back into the Korg and start afresh with the Korg "striaght out of the box" I had a similar problem with a printer that somehow was installed twice and windows just sat ther chanting eeny meeny miny mo. Not being a Korg owner i have no other thoughts to offer but as a reader, this is the one thing that sticks out, hopefully this a "too simple to realise" cause so good luck.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:39 am 

THANKS for your suggestion, it makes perfect sense, it's 5:30AM and I don't have time to follow up right now but will definitely do as you suggest, it's not going to hurt to try at worst and just might work at best, definitely worth a shot and I'll post back with the results, thanks again! :D :D

mick wrote:
Hi. It is my understanding that a midi to usb cable is actually an interface meaning it contains standard midi drivers. If it drives your other keyboard then why did you need to download midi drivers from Korg? (was that a dumb question?) The Korg drivers and the external midi cable interface could be conflicting with each other so I would think one or the other has to go. it is worth considering that this is where the bottleneck resides so you could try unplugging the cable, set the Korg to factory condition (if it has that choice) delete the korg drivers, restart windows, and plug the cable back into the Korg and start afresh with the Korg "striaght out of the box" I had a similar problem with a printer that somehow was installed twice and windows just sat ther chanting eeny meeny miny mo. Not being a Korg owner i have no other thoughts to offer but as a reader, this is the one thing that sticks out, hopefully this a "too simple to realise" cause so good luck.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:02 am 

ME AGAIN! you may have to click the "arm track" button then click the little dropdown menu button to the right of it and hopefully you should see your Korg in the menu, tell Mixcraft that's the device you wish to use. The track instruments may respond to the virtual keyboard or computer qwerty keyboard only and Mx may need a little more instruction as to which instrument you wish to use.