It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: OGG vs WAV Question..?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:52 am 

Does the OGG vs WAV format apply to "input recorded audio" only? Will changing to OGG affect the audio quality level of the Acoustic Presets?

Just curious as I nearly blew my sound card out the back of my computer playing manual drums using the Spacious Studio Kit. I'm now using the ASIO4ALL driver and my latency settings for this driver are above the halfway mark. Playing manual drums with my ASIO4ALL set (at I think it was 482) just caused my computer to lock up producing a steady "machine gun" sound when it locked :shock:

Roland Juno-Di, Roland RS-70, M-Audio Venom, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61, Yamaha PSR-S700, Behringer Desktop Studio Monitors, Beat Thang Virtual, Mixcraft 6, Power Tracks Pro 2013, Dimension Le, Gateway 2.60 GHz Processor (Dual Core), 4 GIGS RAM, 64 Bit.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:59 pm 

Hi,

Changing to OGG shouldn't affect the quality of the presets specifically, but Ogg Vorbis is a compressed, lossy audio format. So some quality will be lost. Whether you can detect that quality by listening to the music is another question.

ASIO4All is just a generic ASIO driver, and it doesn't play well with all sound cards. Make sure that you've got the latest audio drivers for your sound card, in case your sound card manufacturer has introduced some bug fixes.

Greg