It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Spicy Guitar!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:50 am 

Quicky, question if you will...

Can Spicy Guitar download be downloaded into Mixcraft if my pc is 64 bit Windows 7 and if indeed downloaded will it work efficiently? , I have several pc's present in this gig but Windows 7 64 bit is the one I am using for Mixcraft 5, full boxed program. Thanks ahead of time. Here is what I see on the website http://www.spicyguitar.com/ ...can 64 bit opposed to 32 bit be used as well, cause sometimes that works good sometimes not. If any on hands experience has the lead I sure would like to hear from them.

Download (Windows, VST, 32 bits)

Download (Mac OS, AudioUnit, VST, 32 bits Intel)

Geez, I had a Mac but it was my husbands and I loved Garage Band but, it was not user face friendly so since it was my husbands we traded it in for Windows. Any help is appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Spicy Guitar!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:02 pm 

Hi,

The 32-bit version of the plugin should work well with Mixcraft under 64-bit Windows 7.

Greg

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:08 pm 

Yep, I can confirm the 32 bit version works OK on that setup. The 64 bit will have to be bridged with something like J bridge

I don't use the program, but I downloaded it sometime back to help with another problem.

Hope this helps.

Trevor

My music is here

Official OFC™ Member

When I listen, I forget. When I see, I remember. When I do, I understand. Confucius
I started out with nothing - and still have most of it left! - Seasick Steve

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:20 pm 

Wow, my reply just did a zappo and disappeared, that was weird..ok again..

Super cool on this, I will head over there and download this program, it looks fun and interesting, thank you bunches and bunches, hehe, but really thank you.

Jedidiah

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:31 pm 

trevlyns wrote:
Yep, I can confirm the 32 bit version works OK on that setup. The 64 bit will have to be bridged with something like J bridge

I don't use the program, but I downloaded it sometime back to help with another problem.

Hope this helps.

Thanks on this Trevelyn, I liked your tunes there on URL, if that is indeed your voice you have a nice vabrato. Its so interesting to hear added creations to lyrics and music. Cool stuff!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:01 pm 

Why, thank you kindly :D Yeah that is my voice (the male one) and the vibrato is natural - I have one foot in the grave :mrgreen:

Trevor

My music is here

Official OFC™ Member

When I listen, I forget. When I see, I remember. When I do, I understand. Confucius

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:33 pm 

I have used Spicy Guitar on both 32 and 64 bit Windows 7 machines and they are working fine.

One interesting quirk that I found is if you try to Edit the keyboard range, on both of my machines, this would crash Spicy Guitar but that was the only caveat :D

Bob

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:48 pm 

Thank you on this Bob,

I am to give it a whirl...life interrrutions again rather quickly I may add.. so now its time to find and carve a day out for this new experimentation. Once I plug in I'm usually hooked till nightfall.

Hope it doesnt crash though, kind of defeats the purpose, seems I do alot of editing to get it perfect...perfection who knew, it drives me crazy!!!

Jedidiah

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:50 pm 

Hey Travelyns...

Well that lil saying, I started out with nothing and have most of it left, yeppers, I'm there...LOL!

Jedidiah

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:09 am 

:lol: Have you listened to any of Seasick Steve's stuff - genius!

Trevor

My music is here

Official OFC™ Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:41 pm 

trevlyns wrote:
:lol: Have you listened to any of Seasick Steve's stuff - genius!

Wow, he is quite unique and sensational if you ask me, I likey!

Jedidiah!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:24 pm 

Were you able to test Spicy Guitar yet?

Bob

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:07 pm 

Hi Bob,

Not just yet, today being the 4th doesnt help but I havent got to it just yet. I'm off for a few days and thats my goal. Been on and off this thing as its a busy day. I just booted up windows 7 and heading over to spicey guitar now to mess around a bit.

I cannot committ alot of time but man I want to in at least get this set up here and be ready for an open window Saturday..

Jedidiah

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:24 pm 

Ok...

I'm in, spicy is downloaded and I put it in mixcraft, I can open it and see it and save a preset, but...where in the world is it when I want to use my preset that I did save in spicy, its not coming up in the mixcraft folder I put it in, dont know why. The spicy in itself is not coming up in mixcraft folder, I cant seem to make the bait and switch here on getting it loaded into mixcraft.

?? Any ideas?

thank you ahead of time

jedidiah

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:46 pm 

Hey..

If someone can give me the direct paths of where to download this into, what I keep trying isnt working and that second path it again ask for, well, I'm not for sure if I have it down or not, basically I have been just putting it in my choice of folders but the first path I chose to download it into is:

C:/Program Files (x86)\Acoustica Mixcraft 5\VST\Acoustica\Spicy Guitar

the second choice I just put it in my regular mixcraft folder, the first time and first choice it ask I used this path:

That did not work, so I tried the below for my second choise as this is what Spicy ask for and then again just my mixcraft folder for the second choice. With spicy, it has two places for you to download what it is you want, apparently I'm drying out on the sand in the heat because no matter how I refresh this, its not coming through.

C:\ProgramData\Acoustica\Mixcraft\InstPresets\Spicy Guitar

Well nothing is working, I cannot seem to manage to pull it up in the (Change instrument) on track to the window where the VSTi is located in order to see on the other side (Instrument Preset) to be able to see and choose Spicy...its not coming up.

Thank you, dont mean to try or frustrate the knowledgable in here, I'm like Dr.Smith...I'm lost in space on this one.

Jedidiah