It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Video has no sound
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:01 pm 

I'm able to import a .mov video file, but the audio does not import. I'm doing a score but the dialog in the video is not imported. Any suggestions?

Mixcraft Pro 6
Windows 7

Post subject: Re: Video has no sound
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:32 am 

It could be a CODEC issue. I have just tried loading a .mov file and it works fine for me.

A couple of suggestions:-
1. Try downloading something like the k-lite Mega codec pack. This is a free CODEC pack that installs the latest video and audio codecs onto your computer. http://www.free-codecs.com/download/k_l ... c_pack.htm - As always be careful of what else you agree to install during the process.

2. You could convert the video to another format such as .wmv = I see you have Windows 7. You could download a copy of windows movie maker, load the file in to that and re-save a s a .wmv file.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/wind ... ovie-maker

Good luck

John

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:17 am 

Hi,

People seem to have good results with this video codec pack.

Greg

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:09 pm 

I recently had a similar problem with codecs cutting out in browsers within 64-Bit Windows 7. I installed that K-Lite codec pack and it solved the issue.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:26 am 

I've had a similar long-standing problem and it's still unresolved no matter what codec pack I install. I hope you have better luck

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:24 am 

To be fair this is absolutely NOT a Mixcraft issue. .mov is a proprietary format introduced by Quicktime and I frequently have issues with various .mov files. For example I often find that VLC Media Player will work perfectly with some .mov files and not others (sometimes even quicktime cant play them!). My guess is that unless the file has been generated directly by QuickTime or another member of its family that there is no guarantee that the file totally conforms to the quicktime standard and therefor a CODEC that is trying to decipher the fill is more prone to problems.

That is the reason I suggested an alternative solution (load the file in to Windows Movie maker and saving it out as a .wmv file).

Remember Quicktime is an Apple product and whilst I don't want to start a "My OS is better than your OS" debate (after all I do have an iPad), Apple don't have a great track record when it comes to making their code open and available - and how many times do I get asked to update!! Why cant they take a leaf out of Mixcrafts book and only release meaningful updates!!

Cheers

John