It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:34 pm 

Hi, I have tried a few programs and Mixcraft stand out as being extremely good. For that reason my suggestion is for a new optional screen that can be used as a "live performance" controller. As you know on the left side of the screen you have instruments for each track. If I have a midi keyboard connected at the time, and click onto one of these tracks, the instrument sound i am using obviously changes.

My idea is that you create a popup form that doesnt include all the other track layout stuff. And layout each voice to be shown in a rectangular grid layout instead. If you have a touch screen pc, or laptop, you virtually have a korg kronos control panel (the screen bit) with access to as many preset sounds as you have tracks. For the average user, this makes the pc a realtime synth, you can play along with other tracks on the fly and change to other sounds (tracks) really quickly. later of course acoustica could add other things. By the way I do programming, so my suggestion is with this popup form, get it to read the tracks and assign the voices as it loads and also allow it to stretch full screen.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:04 am 

You mean like Ableton Live

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:21 pm 

hi, no not really, lets say you have imported some music as a wav file and you want to play along with it, (or record) and you dont want to use a mouse to click onto the mixcraft voice in the left window. Instead you have a pop up form that gathers all the voices/instruments you have loaded in that left window. When it loads it arranges them into a rectangular form, each voice represented by a button with the name of the voice (and maybe its parameters). With a touch screen pc or laptop you can then touch each voice and switch between them when you want to play it .. ie live. No mouse no scrolling.

I would imagine this should be easy for mixcraft to do this. Again, All you are doing is using a button to turn on a sound. You could have start and stop playing option at the top. To edit sounds, again no mouse, on double touch (click) to pop up the vst and so on.