It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:01 am 

Hi
We've been using demo download Mixcraft 6, & now have Pro boxed version ready to install. Thanks to those kind folk who contributed to my earlier post, btw, much appreciated. My daughter's PC is HP Pro laptop, Win 7, 64 bit (8 gig RAM). Have had issues with install of unrelated software (HP laser printer drivers & software, which simply freeze & fail half way through install, both from CD, & downloaded version), & am just checking whether there's anything particular I need do before (or after) sticking the Mixcraft Pro install discs in, in relation to 64 bit OS. This no doubt has been dealt with elsewhere on Support, so pls just point me to other thread/faq answer/whatever.

Totally diff'n Q. Are there threads/vids/other resources I can be pointed towards relating to use of Mixcraft as a "live" product. As far as I know, it's not what this DAW is designed for, but given it's got so many excellent virtual instruments & sounds, one wants to be able to just connect a keyboard, blast away having all those instruments at one's command. Either for during performance, or just when playing around at home. And I don't mean for playing back pre-recorded backings etc. Have messed around with this in half-assed way, really just to get a feel for the VSTis, but need pointing in a more productive direction. Ta :D

PS, sorry for mixing 2 topics in one post

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:12 am 

To be honest you shouldn't have any problems - the vast majority of people don't (I certainly didn't - and my machine is very similar to yours). Yes there have been some people with issues but they are minimal.

One precaution you might want to take is to run the install as an administrator. You can do this by (and forgive me if you already know this) stopping the autorun, IE cancelling the install that auto runs when inserting the disc, opening the disk in the my computer folder and then RIGHT clicking on the installer (it might be called setup) and selecting "Run as administrator".

Also make sure that you accept the default install settings.

The other thing to do is to update as soon as you install. The chances that the Disc version that you have in the box is the latest version is very remote!

Best of luck.

Cheers

John

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:48 pm 

Thanks ff.
fredfish wrote:
(and forgive me if you already know this) stopping the autorun, IE cancelling the install that auto runs when
. No, I didn't already know this, I'd assumed that to install any application one needed to be signed on as an administrator in any case.

Part B of my question arose because I attended excellent performance by a band who had midi controller & other instruments using Apple's Mainstage live software for VSTI's/effects, & I'd love to have this live funtionality for Mixcraft. No doubt this has been discussed elsewhere in this forum

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:41 pm 

Yes, the vst's work great in live application's. It will depend on the instrument being used, as some are more CPU intensive, and what's under the hood of your computer.

Win-7
ASUS M5A99X
AMD fx-8350 eight core
32-GB DDR3 RAM