It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:57 am 

Hi all

I run Mixcraft 6 pro studio on a desktop and 2 laptops and have a problem with one of the laptops.

Today when I launched the software the laptop was convinced that I was running Mixcraft 6, not Mixcraft 6 Pro studio. So it came up that it was unregistered. I tried to enter my registration code (from my registration email) but it tells me it is the wrong code. I have in the past on this laptop had MX5, MX6 and MX6 pro studio. I have tried completely uninstalling the software, from the control panel and from the Mixcraft uninstaller. I have restarted the computer in-between installations. I am using the installer file that I had when I initially bought my copy of Mixcraft 6 pro studio.

I know the install file is the right one as it installs Pianissamo and all of the other stuff, but even when I install from that file I am told that have installed Mixcraft 6 - not Pro Studio.

Any suggestions?

Cheers John

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:52 am 

John, if you describe that issue and submit a support ticket via the link at the top of the page, Acoustica should be able to straighten that out for you.

My SOUNDCLOUD Page

Grace. Its not just for dinner!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:03 am 

You can try an uninstall again, remove any left over folders, files, run a registry cleaner and then do a clean install.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:29 am 

Overnight I received an email from Acoustica with a duplicate of my registration email - I am assuming that this is a result of one of the Mixcraft guys seeing my post here, so thanks to the tech guys.

I will re-download the file, but I know that the reg is the same as the one I used so I am not sure this will solve the issue. I will get my laptop out later and give it a try.

I have a suspicion that the problem is, as outteh said, something in the registry as the file installs as pro studio (all of the additional pro studio files install) it is just that the system sees the main program as standard and not pro so the reg wont work.

The funny thing is that it has been fine since I first installed it (21st July 2012) up until yesterday.

I will completely uninstall and then use a reg cleaner as outteh suggested and then try to re-install.

Watch this space.

Cheers

John